CCAD Federal Compliance Information
The following are federal disclosure regulations mandated by the Higher Education Opportunity Grant of 2008. A description of how CCAD is complying with these regulations is contained under each heading and, where appropriate, links are provided to additional sources of information. For questions regarding CCAD’s compliance, please contact Dwayne Todd, Vice President for Student Affairs, at 614-222-4015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Institutional Information
- Institutional Statistics: Institutional information can be found on the National Center for Education Statistics' webpage called College Navigator. Information available includes tuition costs, books/supplies, housing fees, financial aid data, enrollment statistics, admissions statistics, retention and graduation rates, programs of study, institutional accreditation, and campus crime numbers.
- Student Privacy: CCAD's policies on privacy are located on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Statement page. CCAD’s policies related to FERPA can also be found in the CCAD Student Handbook.
- Disability Support: CCAD's policies on disabilities are located on the Disability Services page. CCAD’s policies related to disabilities can also be found in the CCAD Student Handbook.
- Student Diversity: CCAD’s diversity statistics are available on the National Center for Education Statistics' webpage called College Navigator.
- Price of Attendance: A summary of the cost of attendance is available on the the Tuition and Fees page of the CCAD website
- Net Price Calculator: CCAD uses the College Board's Net Price Calculator as a source for calculating net tuition and fee price information by income categories. CCAD’s net price information is available online at http://www.ccad.edu/future-students-parents/financial-aid-tuition-info/tuition-fees.
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid: CCAD's policies regarding withdrawal, refunds and return of Federal Financial Aid can be found in the CCAD Student Handbook.
- Textbook Information: CCAD faculty provide a description of required textbooks and materials for their courses in their online course descriptions, which can be viewed on CCAD's Self Service. Click on “Find Course Sections” in the left hand menu, then use the search fields to find the desired courses. If materials are required, they will appear as an attached document at the bottom of the course description under the heading “Available Media”.
- Educational Programs, Facilities, and Faculty: Information on CCAD’s academic programs, instructional facilities, and faculty can be found at http://www.ccad.edu/programs-of-study/majors. Additionally, degree requirements can be found on CCAD's Self Service page called Degree Requirements, and course descriptions can be found on a page called Course Descriptions.
- Accreditation, Approval, and Licensure of Institution and Programs: CCAD's webpage Accreditation and Affiliation lists all accreditation information. CCAD is duly licensed by the Ohio Board of Regents to grant our existing degrees within the State of Ohio.
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (Including Computer Use and File Sharing): Copyright infringement is considered an act of academic misconduct when such material is used in support of academic projects. CCAD’s policy regarding computer use and file sharing, including academic misconduct policies (and potential sanctions) can be found in the CCAD Student Handbook.
- Career Services: CCAD provides comprehensive career development services for students, and a limited array of services for alumni at CCAD's Career Services webpage.
- Teacher Preparation Program Report: CCAD does not directly offer a teacher preparation program.
- Veterans Readmission Policies: Students called to active duty in the United States Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserves for more than 30 days are eligible to return to CCAD with the same academic status, provided they meet CCAD's Veterans Readmission Policies.
- Non-Usage of Funds for Lobbying: In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (Sec. 119), Columbus College of Art & Design (CCAD) does not use any federal funds received under the HEA Act of 1965 to lobby any federal employee, officer, or member of Congress for the purposes of awarding of federal contracts, grants, loans, cooperative agreements, or earmarks, nor does it use such funds to hire any individuals or other entities for such purposes.
- Voter Registration: In correspondence with major elections, CCAD provides voter registration information to all students via email and flyers, providing links to downloadable forms. Additionally, internal and external groups provider voter registration services to students on campus.
- Data on Athletic Programs: CCAD has no formal athletic programs.
- Formula for Calculating Credit Hours: CCAD uses a standard model for calculating hours found at Credit Hour Calculations.
- Institutional Procedures for Determining Credit and Time Requirements: CCAD uses a standard model for determining credit found at Determining Credit and Time Requirements.
- Transfer of Credit Policies: CCAD accepts transfer and other types of credit per CCAD's Transfer of Credit Policies page.
- Student Financial Assistance: Student financial aid and assistance policies are found at CCAD's Student Financial Assistance page.
- Health and Safety: CCAD has a number of Health and Safety Policies that students, staff and faculty are expected to follow.
- Student Outcomes: Enrollment statistics, admissions statistics, student retention and completion rates can be found on the National Center for Education Statistics' webpage called College Navigator, and disaggregated graduation data can be found on CCAD's Student Outcomes webpage.