Where are we?

July 9th, 2010 by JayOhBee Blogger

By Chad Hughes

M&M Statue at the Times Square Store

The process is what it is all about. I am strong believer that the process of a project is far more fun then the final outcome, as long as the process leads to success. Success is where we are heading. The first video will highlight Edward Buchanan and it has been in the works for a couple of months (coming soon to a computer screen near you).

When we first started I figured we would get to NYC. Come back to Cbus and then post the videos. Then after reviewing some of the raw footage we realized we had a gold mine of great footage, hours of excellent words of advice and some great works of art that people would want to see.

We are still going through  hours of  footage so Alex can cut the interviews down to the best parts.

Outside the Main Entrance to the Brooklyn Public Library

Just last week we had to re-film the intro to the first video. After countless takes and me figuring out what outfit I had worn a month ago, we had all the new footage and voice-overs done.

The process is not just BOOM, BOOM, POW but more like the slow and steady turtle that will win the race. We are very close and the peeks I have got of the video it look AMAZING.

As I prepare to go back to New York for vacation I am debating about what places I want to revisit and the spots the alumni told us to check out. There were so many spots we just did not have time to go see. My first stop will be the real Statue of Liberty. Though I saw the one at the M& M store in Times Square, I am ready to experience the real thing.

I also want to check out the Brooklyn Public Library. We passed by this amazing building when we were on a tour of Manjari’s favorite places to hang out. I hope to go inside this time and check it out.

I am also very excited to get some pictures of High Line Park. It looks amazing. Check it out: http://www.thehighline.org/

Until we meet again.