99 Problems

August 27th, 2010 by JayOhBee Blogger

By Alex Trimpe

The lost footage: Alex filming James

Hello strangers! It’s been awhile, I missed your face.
I thought you could all use an update on the project, so here it goes!

When Chad and I took an elevator to the 27th floor of a building in NYC, we knew we were in some serious business! The 27th floor led us to Rocawear, a very popular urban hip-hop clothing line. There we met James Alicea (CCAD ’92 alumnus), who is an incredibly talented designer for Rocawear (you know, that clothing line that Jay-Z created).
Stop right there.

Let me fast forward.

We shot some amazing footage of James, but guess what? I made a little bitty mistake. I taped over the footage.

ALL of it.

Luckily we had a secondary camera, but it doesn’t do James any justice. Now, Chad and I have to use our creative minds to make something negative turn into a positive!

I know it can be done, and I am excited to show you all how it turns out. Right now I am finalizing the Edward Buchanan interview and it should be out REALLY REALLY SOON.

If you get one thing out of this post it’s that we all make mistakes, but the key is learning from them, embracing them, and moving forward with it to make the negative a positive.

I’ve got 99 problems but editing ain’t one, hit me!

Tags: , ,