THE Photo Shoot Part One

February 27th, 2011 by Lacey Luce

Organized chaos.

They started early this morning–much earlier than I was willing to drag myself in on Sunday. Teams of photographers, hair stylists, and make-up artists  along with the designers and models have taken over CCAD’s Design Studios on Broad for the Fashion Show photo shoot.

They are using every floor to create, in one day, enough amazing editorial photography for an entire publication and then some—I’m calling it organized chaos.

The most intense activity is in the atrium. Make-up stations in one corner and hair in another. Along the south wall are two photo stations where designers and models are being shot against neutral screens.

On the third floor, where the MFA studios are, photographer Scott Cunningham is shooting what I like to think of as the editorial spreads. He is using all the texture and light the space has to offer, and I can’t wait to see how the final shots turn out.

It’s  lunch time, but soon the set will change locations to another section of the building–and I will have part two to report.

FYI: these photos are used in the catalog give to every Fashion Show ticket holder. Do you have your tickets yet?