Alumna, Business Featured on WE-tv Series

April 13th, 2011 by Amanda Fondriest

White Flower Cake Shoppe, co-owned by alumna Marianne Carroll and Lauren Bozich, is featured on WE-tv's "Amazing Wedding Cakes."

Fine Arts alumna Marianne Carroll (CCAD 1997-2000)  and her custom cake shop, White Flower Cake Shoppe, are featured on WE-tv’s Amazing Wedding Cakes, airing Sundays at 10 p.m. Marianne co-owns the Beachwood, Ohio cake shop with childhood friend Lauren Bozich.

In the cast biography on the WE-tv website, Marianne credits the artistic nature of their designs to her education at CCAD. “Marianne attended Columbus College of Art & Design where she majored in oil painting. … Both Marianne and Lauren enjoy the fact that they can use the artistic side of their brains and still make a living through cake art.  And artists they are.  Their cakes speak for themselves.  Marianne brings a more traditional approach to the cakes she designs because of her classic oil painting skills.”

So, how exciting is cake-making? Very. Take a look at what the duo are up against on the show. In episode six, “two sisters, both engaged, convince Marianne and Lauren in Ohio to make competing cakes for their double engagement party.” In episode two, “an Italian-themed engagement cake features the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but with the clock ticking, a crack in the wine bottle and a cup of forgotten gelato … will this leaning tower fall flat?”

Read more about Amazing Wedding Cakes here.

And to order your Chocolate, Yellow, Marble, or Red Velvet work of art, visit White Flower Cake Shoppe online.

Tags: , , ,

The alumni newsletter is published four times a year and features the latest news and information for the alumni of Columbus College of Art & Design.

8 Responses to “Alumna, Business Featured on WE-tv Series”

1. work of art says:

wow..nice information
    that artist was superb

2. Gina says:

Really informative article. Really looking forward to read more. Awesome.

3. Huey says:

Thanks for this information. It was beneficial. You keep writing so i will continue reading.

4. slip says:

Hi! I’ve been following your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the great job!

5. ahwatukee chiropractic says:

Howdy! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your posts.

6. livres electroniques says:

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for. Awesome blog!

7. S says:

I really like what you guys are up too. This kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve you guys to my blogroll.

8. Samsung says:

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it.