Meet Taehee Lee, Media Studies Outstanding Senior

May 9th, 2011 by Amanda Fondriest

Senior Taehee Lee was named Outstanding Senior for the Media Studies department.

At the end of the academic year, a graduating senior from each major is named the Outstanding Senior for that department. Today in part six of our 10-part series, we interviewed senior Tahee Lee (CCAD 2011), who was named Outstanding Senior in Media Studies.

Q.) What was your proudest achievement while at CCAD?
A.) To be able to work with Design Group and to be chosen as the Outstanding Senior for Media Studies. I learned a lot from working with Design Group. I really enjoyed editing the Jay-Oh-Bee project because I learned a lot from the alumni and from getting to edit the project.

Q.) What scared you the most?
A.) We’re all a bit uncertain about our futures, but as an international student you truly never know how things are going to go. Many companies are reluctant to employee international students because they will have to prepare visas on the side—so a lot of them think, why bother when they could just get any American student.

Q.) So, what’s next?
A.) I am relieved and excited to work on something I really love doing. It just feels great. Most of my Korean friends are probably a bit jealous. My main focus was always going to graduate school, and I did get accepted but I was offered a job and made the last minute decision to accept it over graduate school.  When I was offered the job, all I could think was, I need to seize this opportunity because grad school will always be there but this may not.

Q.) What’s the dream job?
A.) To be able to work at a design studio as big as Psyop.

Q.) If you could describe graduating in one word, what would it be?
A.) Bittersweet.

Q.) What advice do you have for future CCAD students?
A.) The technique comes later; you will learn about technique when you have the job. I recommend trying everything that you can possibly do at an art school—even if it is really different from your major. You really have to get to know design first: the technique will come later. So enjoy being at an art school. Take ceramics or glassblowing just because you can—it’s all design, and it will really help in the long run.

View Taehee’s work on her website. Stills from her projects are below.

Tags: , , , , , , ,