Alumna Designs Exhibition Invite, Illustrates Interactive Website

June 29th, 2011 by Amanda Fondriest

Alumna Melissa Spencer's invitation to a photo exhibition held at the House of Representatives.

Media Studies alumna Melissa (Hofelzer) Spencer (CCAD 2006) has been busy this year.

“I have been working on freelance jobs this year,” she wrote in an email. “First, I designed an invitation for a Haiti photography exhibit and reception that was at the House of Representatives in Washington D.C. I worked for MatchMap Media and their client ActionAid USA.”

“Right now, I am working for Fifth Estate and their client National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). I am creating an illustration for NOAA’s interactive website, Countmyfish.com. The final will be done in Flash, and I will post a link when completed.”

Spencer owns Melissa Marie Images Studio (MMI), a professional videography, photography, and graphic design business. Learn more on the business’s website.

The alumni newsletter is published four times a year and features the latest news and information for the alumni of Columbus College of Art & Design.