Alumna Exhibition Opening August 5

July 1st, 2011 by Amanda Fondriest

“Traveler,” Mixed media on wood panel, license plates, keys, cardboard, and encaustic, 45"X65”.

Pastiche, an exhibition by Fine Arts alumna Kate Rivers (CCAD 1978), will open August 5 at Mathews Gallery in Sante Fe, New Mexico.

Consisting of collages and mixed media, Pastiche will remain open through August 31. Click here to learn more about the gallery.

“I collage fragments of these things that I collect: maps, notes, cancelled stamps, old books, children’s drawings, clothing labels, love letters, buttons and pins and weave them together as a bird constructs a nest,” Rivers said on her website. “The collage elements that I use are deliberately selected from that which would have been or was thrown away, discarded or set aside. I specifically include things that are given to me and things that reflect that day or week that the piece was created.”

Learn more about Kate Rivers on her website.

Tags: , , ,

The alumni newsletter is published four times a year and features the latest news and information for the alumni of Columbus College of Art & Design.

One Response to “Alumna Exhibition Opening August 5”

1. AlleyChan says:

I love the idea of taking something with meaning (like a love letter or child’s drawing)and re-purposing it into a piece of artwork. I am looking forward to the exhibit.