CCAD Liberal Arts Instructor Receives Ohio Arts Council Award

February 15th, 2012 by Katlin McNally

The Ohio Arts Council (OAC) recently announced that Lesley Jenike, assistant professor in Liberal Arts at CCAD, is a recipient of an Individual Excellence Award for her poetry.

The Individual Excellence Award program recognizes outstanding accomplishments of artists in a variety of disciplines. Submissions to the OAC undergo an open panel review conducted by nationally recognized professionals. Jenike’s Individual Excellence Award will include a grant for $5,000.

Jenike’s poems have been published in Gulf Coast, Verse, POOL, Washington Square, Sou’wester Magazine, Sonora Review, and Crab Orchard Review. Her chapbook, I Dreamed Last Night I Got on the Boat to Heaven and By Some Chance I Had Brought My Dice Along, won the 2006 Susan Blalock Chapbook Contest from the Permafrost Literary Journal of the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Her book of poems, Ghost of Fashion, was published by CustomWords in May 2009.

Tags: , , ,