Associate Professor Interviewed on Animation Site

May 14th, 2012 by Katlin McNally

CCAD Associate Professor Thomas Richner was recently interviewed by Animation Insider. Written by Mike Milo, a two-time Emmy-award-winning animator, director, producer, and designer, Animation Insider features interviews with animation professionals and describes itself as “shining a spotlight on the unsung heroes of the animation industry.”

In the interview Richner discusses his professional journey from working on episodes of The Simpsons to his current work as a professor at CCAD.

“I think I knew back in college that I might one day want to teach,” Richner says in the interview. “I enjoy helping students pursue their dreams. Having been in the industry, I feel like I am able to give students a real world perspective on our field. I enjoy passing on what I’ve learned.”

Richner currently teaches animation and time-based media. In additional to producing his own short films, which have screened at festivals around the U.S., he continues to work with animation industry professionals in Hollywood to develop and pitch animated properties primarily for television.

To read Richner’s full interview, click here.

Tags: , , ,