‘A Little Party Never Killed Nobody’

May 10th, 2013 by Lacey Luce
Leaders in fashion!

Leaders in fashion!

7:20

I’m not going to lie. I’ve got The Great Gatsby on the brain, and I am anticipating bearing witness to our sumptuous little pre-party.

Men and women dressed to the nines, gorgeous plates piled high with delicious bites both savory and sweet, and free-flowing libations—what’s not to love.

I wonder if there will be any Gatsby-inspired attire? Or, for that matter how about some mod looks inspired by this season of Mad Men?

Doors will open for the VIP pre-party sponsored by Nationwide and Justice & Brothers in just a few minutes.

I must note: This space went from garage to club in a matter of days thanks to Ologie, Lasting Impressions, and many, many CCAD staffers (our facilities’ crew are wizards). The food looks amazing (thank you Cameron Mitchell Catering). I saw the menu a few weeks ago—my mouth watered just reading it. And, bartenders are ready to shake up a Vodka Runway (our signature cocktail, thank you Middle West Spirits).

And me? I’m ready to take it all in.

8 p.m.

Um, sorry, I’m afraid I got a little sidetracked. The people watching is just TOO good. When the first wave of partiers arrived, the energy level went from 0 to 60 in less than three minutes. I have a great view of the photo station—where the fashionable show off their looks for our photographer.

So many fun pieces coming through. Fantastic black-and-white patterned dress that definitely has a 20s vibe, and a strappy version of go-go boots with a bright cocktail length dress. Fantastic!

A woman in a stunning off the shoulder deep-blue gown just passed.

I think I just saw a blond version of Megan Draper. Gorgeous 60s-inspired mini that is sooooo Megan.

Our prez, Mr. Denny Griffith has just stopped by to say hello–dapper as always. Speaking of dapper, our head of security Wallace Tanksley is sporting a mighty fine lime green bow tie.

Seeing lots of leg and strappy gladiator shoes. Denim is making a strong showing, which is right on trend with some of the collections that this crowd will see in an hour.

Orange, lime green, and black-and-white are dominating the looks this evening.

To the guy in the hat and vest, thank you. And to all of our bow-tie wearing gentleman, we applaud you.

As I look around I am not disappointed. I’m seeing great fashion, but I”m also seeing women and men that are dressing to suite their unique style—there are no cookie-cutters here.

8:15

And now they are asking everyone to start heading into the tent so the show can begin. Hopefully as they sit, they’ll have a moment to flip through the Lookbook sponsored by Abercrombe & Fitch. It is stunning thanks to the photographic talents of Nick Fancher and the creative direction from Ologie.

Ok, we are going to get some photos up and then head over to the tent to continue …

Tags: , , , , , ,