It Don’t Mean a Thing, If it Ain’t Got That Swing

May 10th, 2013 by Lacey Luce
Rock blockin' beats

Rock blockin’ beats

9:50

If you’re just tuning in (and if you are, where have you been?) then here’s where we are.

There was a fabulous cocktail party, then a spectacular runway show, and I’ve just uploaded a gazillion photos, so you can check them out.

Now, as I sit here fiddling with photos, there is, just next door, a dance party going on. No, really, I’m still in the tent, just me and my-girl-Friday Katlin McNally. Well there’s also a crew of people waiting for us to get out of their way so they can start breaking down the tent—tomorrow it will be like this never happened, except we have all of this photographic evidence.

I can hear the bass thumping as DJ Rainer works the crowd up. BTW: props to Rainer who also mixed all of the runway music.

The designers are in there, finally able to let loose and celebrate a year of truly hard work. Tomorrow they will graduate. Tonight they play.

I think it’s time for me to get a glass of my own and toast to our designers, sponsors, volunteers, faculty, staff, vendors—well EVERYONE who made this night so very magical.

Thank you and good night.

Tags: ,