There’s So Much Happening at CCAD
Add the following dates to your calendar.
Fall semester is in full swing, which means campus is not only full of eager, young artists, but also full of events—which for you means it’s the perfect time to return to Columbus or, if you’re still in town, venture back to your alma mater.
But before we get to all of the event dates, one quick announcement: we are now accepting applications for the CCAD Juried Art Fair that will take place Dec. 7. The deadline to submit work is Oct. 14—get all the details on our online application system and how to apply here.
- Gary Panter’s The Magnetic Lady, Sept. 5–Oct. 4
- Jeff Smith’s RASL, Sept. 5–Oct. 4
- Kirk Hayes’ Rule by Fear, Sept. 5–Oct. 4
- Martha Colburn’s Camera, Lights, Charge, Pop, Sept. 5–Oct. 4
- Loud Flash: British Punk on Paper, Sept. 5–Oct. 4
- My Crippled Friend, Oct. 11–Jan. 10
- Laura Bidwa’s For Instance Me, Oct. 11–Nov. 15
- CCAD’s Faculty Exhibition at Hammond Harkins Galleries, Naked, Oct. 18-Nov.17
- Richard Aschenbrand’s Alphabet Alliteration, Nov. 22–Jan. 10
Visiting Artist & Scholar Talks
- Gary Panter, illustrator, designer, and fine artist, Sept. 23, 6:30 p.m.
- Jeff Smith, graphic novelist, Sept. 27, 7 p.m.
- Martha Colburn, multimedia filmmaker and musician, Oct. 3, 6:30 p.m.
- Mike Birbiglia, comedian and filmmaker, Oct. 9, 6:30 p.m.
- John Yau, poet, art critic, curator, Oct. 11, 6:30 p.m.
- Martin Kersels, sculptor and installation artist, Oct. 12, 12:30 p.m.
- Natasha Trethewey, poet, Oct. 16, 6:30 p.m.
- Joe Fyfe, painter, Oct. 24, 6:30 p.m.
- Chris Johanson, painter, Oct. 31, 6:30 p.m.
- Kathy Butterly, sculptor, Nov. 13, 6:30 p.m.
- Miranda July, author and filmmaker, Nov. 18, 6:30 p.m.
- Holland Cotter, art critic, art historian, and poet, Nov. 21, 6:30 p.m.
- Cheryl Donegan, multimedia artist, Dec. 5, 6:30 p.m.
To keep up-to-date on all CCAD events, check our continually changing online calendar here.
Tags: Alumni Newsletter, Alumni Newsletter September 2013 Issue, exhibitions, Visiting Artist & Scholars, Visiting Artists & Scholars Series
The alumni newsletter is published four times a year and features the latest news and information for the alumni of Columbus College of Art & Design.