BOO of the BIG kind!

October 28th, 2013 by Student Blogger

student view

Everyone dancing it up!

Everyone dancing it up!

By Sakhile Vanqa

Well la-di-daa what a weekend­­—The Big Boo was awesome, and I got to take pictures the entire night! The biggest worry I had for the night was the temperature because I am not built for the weather the Midwest dishes out so generously around this time of year. But it was a rather mellow night and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It’s apparent that everyone enjoyed themselves too, with the costumes people came in.

I don’t dress up for Halloween, which confused a few people on the night. I was asked what I was supposed to be pretty frequently, only to find out that I was only dressed in black so that I wouldn’t be noticed when taking pictures through the night. I had never covered an event in a low-lit space before, and I felt a little like a ninja in that I was all over the place, trying to get into the oddest of places to get a good shot. I did have time to talk to a few people and see what drove the inspiration of their costume, whilst with others, it was obvious.

Taking first place at the costume contest was the Adobe Creative Suite, as would be expected. We all cheered, and it was great! Seriously though, how could we not have them win?

Sakhile Vanqa is a junior majoring in Cinematic Arts who enjoys humor, cycling, and aspires to shoot for National Geographic.

Tags: , , ,

The CCAD Admissions blog brings prospective students and their families into ongoing conversation with CCAD students, admissions counselors, and financial aid staff—including occasional visits from other members of the CCAD family.