Who Decided to Make Thanksgiving Break So Short?

December 3rd, 2013 by Student Blogger

student view

By Colleen Clark

My mom and my dog Misha preparing for the feast!

It is Sunday night, Dec. 1, 10:30 p.m., and  I am sitting in the Baltimore-Washington airport waiting for my plane to start boarding. After getting my first intimate pat-down (it was about time, I have flown so many times… TSA was playing coy) and waiting in the massive security line surrounded  by super stylish high heel-wearing probably-supermodels (if you like to dress up on planes, I envy your dedication to your appearance. If you want an extra boost, stand next to me in line for comparison), I am ready to head back to Columbus.

Well, not really ready, because I still have some homework to do. But ready enough. I slept an average of 12 hours every night I was home, and I was in pajamas roughly 80% of the time. Those are my kind of numbers. It was fun to pretend I didn’t have responsibilities for a few days, although I wouldn’t quite recommend that mindset because now it’s crunch time. I have two more weeks until I get to come home again, but that also means just two more weeks to get the rest of the semester’s work done. Ah!

Below are some photos of what I did while I was home. I spent a lot of time with my best friend Andrew, who I hadn’t seen since last Christmas. I also spent tons of time with family, and it was wonderful to relax with my mom and dad and dogs again. On Thursday we visited my grandparents at their retirement home for a Thanksgiving lunch, and then my dad made our own turkey dinner on Friday night. I saw Catching Fire and Frozen (which was worked on by 2010 alumni Alex Alvarado!) and did some Black Friday shopping. On Saturday night, we hosted a Hanukkah party at our house. Even though my family isn’t Jewish, we have attended our good friend’s annual Hanukkah party for longer than a decade, and their house is being remodeled… So we celebrated at our place!

Sorry most of them are selfies. I’m bad at asking people to take pictures for me.

Colleen Clark is senior majoring in illustration who enjoys looking at photos of dogs online, following NBC comedy series (specifically anything involving Tina Fey), and sharing her art and thoughts through her online blog.

Tags: , , , , , ,

The CCAD Admissions blog brings prospective students and their families into ongoing conversation with CCAD students, admissions counselors, and financial aid staff—including occasional visits from other members of the CCAD family.