The Fashion Show Countdown Begins: Get Your Tickets!

January 31st, 2014 by Amanda Pierce
Check out this VIDEO recap of the 2013 show.

The countdown has begun: 98 days until glitz, glamor, and mind-blowing student designs converge on the runway, and just one more day until you can secure your place at THE fashion event.

Tickets for the 2014 Senior Fashion Show officially go on sale tomorrow, Feb. 1, with special early purchase prices available through March 31.

I’ll wait while you set a reminder on your phone…

Trust me, you’ll want to be there on May 9.

Why? Because it’s so much more than a fashion show. (Don’t believe me? Check out this video from last year’s show.) Each and every detail of this event points to our students, the driving force behind everything we do at CCAD.

This event is the culmination of years of dedication, sleepless nights, trial and error, and stunning success for the Fashion Design seniors who will fill the runway with their designs. It’s a chance for our friends, family, colleagues, and sponsors to invest in our students—by raising funds for life-changing student scholarships.

As I look ahead to the next few months, my calendar is packed with fashion show prep. Per usual, I’ll be chronicling everything here, on the Fashion Show blog, to give you sneak peeks and insider scoops about our impressive senior designers.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the student designers have made a ton of progress since my last blog post in December. Frigid Columbus temperatures and heavy workloads haven’t slowed any of them down.

My visit to the sewing lab yesterday was a blast, as always. I’m constantly impressed by their clear vision and technical knowledge—They throw around fancy, Project Runway-esque words that I’ve literally never heard! I just nod and smile.

Before I sign off, I want to recognize and sincerely thank all of our sponsors, whose generosity makes this phenomenal event possible: Title Sponsor, L Brands Foundation; Runway Sponsor, EXPRESS; Fashion Lookbook Sponsor, Abercrombie & Fitch; Easton Fashion Award Sponsor, Easton Town Center; VIP Cocktail Reception Sponsors, Nationwide and Justice; VIP Lounge Sponsor, Polaris Fashion Place; Creative Direction by Ologie; Salon Partner, Nurtur Salon; Couture Sponsors, Huntington, Lane Bryant, Macy’s, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, and RG Barry Brands; In-Kind Supporters, Cameron Mitchell Catering, Details and Florabunda Designs, Inc., Nick Fancher, Heidelberg Distributing Company, Lasting Impressions Event Rental, Live! Technologies, LLC, Mumm Napa, and Rainer/S77; and Media Sponsors, Capital Style and CD102.5.

We’ll be updating the event page as more sponsors come on board, so be sure to check it out.

So, have I successfully pumped you up? I hope so! Continue to keep up with me here on the Fashion Blog for continuing coverage and photos, join the conversation on Twitter using #ccadfs, and remember to visit our event page to get your tickets.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,