Fashion Chair Featured in Capital Style Magazine

March 7th, 2014 by Amanda Pierce
Click to read the full article.

Fashion Chair Suzanne Cotton is featured in the March/April issue of “Capital Style” magazine.

Fashion Chair Suzanne Cotton talks about the CCAD Senior Fashion Show, her memories of Tim Gunn, and her year spent in Paris in the March/April issue of Capital Style magazine.

Called “a rock star” by Tom Gattis, dean of the school of Design Arts, Cotton studied at the Parsons School of Design before spending nearly two decades designing clothing for Brooks Brothers, Talbots, and Saks Fifth Avenue, among others.

“I just always enjoyed fashion,” Cotton said in the article. “My mom remembers me saying when I was 10 that I was going to Parsons. And it was the only place I applied.”

Since coming to CCAD, Cotton has shepherded the evolution of the Senior Fashion Show.

“Over the years [it] has become a bigger event,” Cotton said in the article. “With the growth of the city and the arts—it just all grew at the same time.”

This year’s Senior Fashion Show is on May 9. Don’t miss your chance to experience one of the city’s premier fashion events—to purchase tickets visit http://www.ccad.edu/events-2014/sfs-2014.