A Little Drink, A Little Nosh, A Lot of Glam!

May 9th, 2014 by Amanda Pierce
Fashionistas at the VIP party.

Fashionistas at the VIP party.

7:35 p.m.

I’m overwhelmed… but in the best way possible. I’m roaming the VIP party, unabashedly gawking at the lovely fashion around me (can they tell I’m new around here?). And to think the night has only just begun!

When guests enter the space, they pose for a quick photo for our resident “paparazzi” a la the Hollywood red carpet, and are greeted by a swanky set-up, thanks to our party sponsors, Nationwide and Justice & Brothers. White leather couches, pulsing music, and bars serving up our signature cocktail (a fruity, minty combo called the Blackbird) make this garage feel like a New York City hot spot.

Kudos to CCAD Facilities, Lasting Impressions Event Rental, Details and Florabunda Designs Inc., and Live! Technologies who worked their magic all week to give this warehouse space and unassuming parking lot a seriously swanky makeover. The white leather couches in the Polaris Fashion Place VIP Lounge are over the top!

The VIP lounge.

The VIP lounge.

One of the first dresses catching my eye is a white knee-length number with blue spots and sheer long sleeves. My colleague Lacey said it reminded her of a dress Duchess Kate Middleton recently wore—we Googled it and, sure enough, it’s strikingly similar. Who doesn’t love some royal inspiration?

I’ve also spotted a few of our friends from WBNS 10TV, Angela Pace and anchor Kristyn Hartman. Kristyn is rocking a classic sheath dress and shimmering silver heels—business on top and party on the bottom.

This is people watching at its finest.

7:55 p.m.

Spotted: Mayor Coleman, and he’s looking quite dapper. We love having the support of our city’s fearless leader.

I’m noticing several trends at the VIP party that we’ll see more of in the runway show, like crop tops and bold prints. These folks are dressed to impress.

8:15 p.m.

Time is really flying this evening. The VIP party is already wrapping up and people are making their way to the tent. Settle in—there’s a whole lot more fashion coming your way.

Click through the photos below to see who’s here.

Tags: