MFA Candidates Named Gabr Fellows

May 2nd, 2014 by Amanda Pierce
Liz Trapp  Photo:

MFA candidates Liz Trapp (pictured above) and Chase Bowman were named Gabr Fellows.
Photo: www.mfastudentblogs.wordpress.com

Second-year MFA candidates Chase Bowman and Liz Trapp were recently named Gabr Fellows, an honor bestowed on a select group of young Americans and Egyptians. The initiative, sponsored by the Shakik Gabr Foundation, promotes intercultural dialogue and collaboration between Egyptians and Americans.

In 2013, the first year of the fellowship, it brought together a diverse group of 22 young professionals to travel Egypt and the United States and develop a better understanding of each country’s society, customs, traditions, religions, politics, laws, arts, and sciences.

This year, 20 fellows will visit Cairo, Giza, Luxor, and Aswan in Egypt May 10–24 and will travel throughout the United States June 7–21.

“I am so honored to represent this school and the United States in this fellowship program,” Trapp said. “I am thankful for the support and opportunities the MFA program and school have given to my peers and me, and I look forward to carrying on the legacy and supporting the program for many years to come.”

Bowman is from Princeton, WV. Trapp is from Columbus, OH, and attended Pickerington High School Central.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,