NYC Art Fair to Feature CCAD Alumna

May 5th, 2014 by Amanda Pierce
"Wild World" by Kirsten Bowen  Photo: www.kirstenbowen.com

“Wild World” by Kirsten Bowen
Photo: www.kirstenbowen.com

Illustration alumna Kirsten Bowen (CCAD 1989) is participating for a second year in the Contemporary Art Fair NYC, a showcase of independent artists and designers, May 8–11 in New York City.

Bowen will show paintings created using a plaster technique she calls “Venetian impasto.”

“The goal of my work is to interpret a wide range of literary expression through visual art thereby adding a new dimension to painting,” Bowen wrote in her artist’s statement. “The literal content includes lyrics, poetry, and prayer on the deep and soulful side and schedules, artificial ingredients, and side effects on the quirky side.”

The annual art fair is put on by American Art Marketing, a marketing and event production company that produces five annual exhibitions in cities along the East Coast.

Bowen is from Johnstown, OH.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

The alumni newsletter is published four times a year and features the latest news and information for the alumni of Columbus College of Art & Design.

One Response to “NYC Art Fair to Feature CCAD Alumna”

1. Well thank you CCAD! I just saw this while working on marketing! The school was good to me, and I have only great things to say about CCAD! I made some great contacts in the big apple, and I’m looking forward to the Easton and Upper Arlington shows this summer!
    (I AM living in Greenville SC now, after getting engaged, but secretly think of Columbus as home. :)