The student center, which includes a lobby, game room, TV lounge, and resource hallway, is located on the first floor of the Loann Crane Center for Design (on the southeast corner of Cleveland Avenue and Long Street). During regular semesters, the student center is open:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, noon – 2 a.m.
The game room is where many students relax between classes and have a little fun. Here you can find:
- two pool tables
- a ping pong table
- a foosball table
- arcade games
- a TV to hook up your own video games
- a TV with cable access
- a coin change machine
Lobby & TV Lounge
The main lobby of the Crane Center is a great place to do a little studying, see some friends, enjoy a bite to eat or grab a drink, or just chill for awhile. Here are things you can find:
- Starving Artist Café, which provides gourmet sandwiches and salads, espresso and blended coffee drinks, fruit smoothies, and other treats
- information desk
- ATM (provided by Huntington Bank)
- vending machines
- CCAD Wireless Hot Spot Internet access
- bulletin boards with information of interest to students
- copy machine (located by the main stairwell)
The TV lounge is located off of the game room on the first floor, and provides a comfortable seating area to watch your favorite shows or movies on a large-screen TV.
Student Affairs Resource Hallway
The Student Affairs Resource Hallway includes a multipurpose room, the Learning Resource Center, the office suite for Counseling and Learning Support Services, and offices for Student Affairs. Additionally, there are bulletin boards for current events, multicultural affairs, volunteer programs, commuter students, counseling and wellness, career services, and student organizations. The area also includes two unisex restrooms with showers.
Guidelines for Using the Student Center
- Using the student center is a privilege, not a right. Please treat it with respect.
- The facilities are for CCAD students, faculty, and staff only.
- Unreported vandalism may result in closure of certain areas.
- No moving game tables or furniture without permission.
- Anyone vandalizing CCAD property will lose student center privileges.
- Music must be played at a reasonable level and staff reserves the right to turn down the volume.
- Please be respectful of others using the facilities.
- Please dispose of all trash.
- No oil painting in the student center.
- Cutting must be done on the cutting table provided.
- No videogames on the main TV in the TV lounge.