Design Square Apartments
Opened in fall 2009, Design Square Apartments combines the convenience of on-campus housing with the independence of apartment living. Approximately 200 first-year students and upper-level students, graduate students, four resident advisors and one professional reside in the complex during the academic year. Additionally, residents have the option to add a summer lease if desired.
Design Square Apartments is an apartment-style residence with two or four residents per apartment. Each apartment consists of two or four private bedrooms, a living room, dining area, kitchenette and shared bathroom(s).
- Private Bedrooms: loft bed, dresser, desk, desk chair, wardrobe, rolling storage cart
- Living Room: couch, armchair, coffee table, end table, entertainment center
- Kitchenette: full-size refrigerator, microwave, two stove-top burners, shelving
- Dining Area: dining table and four chairs
- Bathroom(s): shower/tub, toilet, sink, medicine cabinet
- Free local phone service (one phone number per suite; phone provided)
- Free broadband Internet connection (wired and wireless)
- Free basic cable service in bedrooms and living room
Residence Hall Provides:
- Residence Life staff
- Card and coin-operated laundry facility
- Common lounge with cable TV
- Fitness Center
- The Market, a full-service dining hall
- The P.O.D. selling grab-and-go food and drink items and convenience-store products
- Bed linens (75 inches long/normal twin size)
- Clothes hangers
- Alarm clock
- Answering machine (if desired)
- Desk lamp
- Cooking accessories (plate, utensils, pots, pans, cutting board, etc)
- Toilet tissue
- Headphones for stereo
You are welcome to bring an additional shelving/storage unit or comfortable chair. Please note, however, that you may not obstruct the window units or the pathway to the door. Also, your additional items may not infringe on the personal space of your roommates.
Students are welcome to bring bicycles and bike locks. CCAD provides bike racks behind Design Square Apartments. We highly recommend U-locks for all bikes on campus.
Students May Not Bring:
- Candles or incense
- Weight lifting equipment
- Pets (only fish in a 10 gallon or less aquarium are permitted)
- Large compressed air containers
- Weapons (including martial arts)
- Additional furniture
- Illegal drugs
Design Square Apartments, Apt #
91 Cleveland Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215
Residence Life Contact:
email I housing AT ccad DOT edu l 614.222.3294 I fax 614.222.4040