Counseling & Wellness Resources
|Half of Us is a multi-media website created with MTV dedicated to mental health education, reducing stigma, and exploring resources available on campus for students and their friends.|
|It's Abuse is an online resource focused on relationship abuse, warning signs, referrals, and support designed for college students|
|RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization and is in partnership with more than 1,100 local rape crisis centers across the country. Access for information, resources, and how to get help for yourself or a friend.|
|SARNCO (Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio) is the sexual violence intervention and prevention program serving Franklin County. They strive to empower survivors and offer a 24/7 helpline, emergency room advocates, recovery services, and educational programming.|
|The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a free, 24-hour hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. 1.800.273.TALK|
|ULifeline is an anonymous, confidential, online resource offering students information about mental health and other health concerns, suicide prevention, and ability to ask questions and seek help.|
Additional Online & Local Resources
- National Addiction Assistance Helpline: 800.559.9503
- Local Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings: www.aacentralohio.org or 614.253.8501
- Local Narcotics Anonymous (NA) meetings: www.naohio.org or 614.252.1700
- Area ALANON meetings (for friends and family members affected by a loved one’s drinking or drug use): www.coafg.org or 614.253.2701
- The Ohio State University Medical Center: Addiction Services (Hospital East/Talbot Hall)
1441 Phale D. Hale Dr.
Columbus, OH 43205
Mental Health Advocacy
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI — the nation’s largest grassroots organization for people with mental illness and their families): www.nami.org
Local Mental Health Resources & Services
- Netcare Access (24-hour crisis hotline, medication management, crisis stabilization, and assessment services): www.netcareaccess.org
Location closest to CCAD:
741 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43205
- North Central Mental Health Services (psychiatry, residential care, suicide prevention, outpatient treatment, addiction services): www.ncmhs.com
1301 N. High St.
Columbus, OH 43201
Psychologist Referral Information: http://www.ohpsych.org/Forms/Referral.asp
- 800.273.TALK (8255) (A 24-hour, 365-days-a-year service): www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- 614.221.5445: a local 24-hour suicide hotline
Support, Advocacy and Resources for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Questioning Individuals
- National Gay & Lesbian Task Force: www.thetaskforce.org
- Stonewall Columbus (Columbus’ gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community organization): www.stonewallcolumbus.org or 614.299.7764
Other Central Ohio Health Resources
- Columbus AIDS Task Force (free and anonymous HIV testing & resources): www.catf.net
1751 E. Long St.
Columbus, OH 43203
- Columbus Health Department: www.publichealth.columbus.gov
240 Parsons Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215
Counseling Center Contact: 614.222.4044 to schedule an appointment with a counselor.