The Counseling & Wellness Center
The CWC is located in the Student Affairs hallway of the Loann Crane Center for Design at the intersection of Long Street and Cleveland Avenue. (Building no. 2 on campus map).
Monday through Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m. (limited evening hours)
Urgent Hours 11 a.m.–noon weekdays
Scroll down for information about making an appointment and what to do in case of an emergency.
To make an appointment with the CWC call 614.222.4044 or complete and submit the form here.
EMERGENCY WARNING: If you are suffering extreme distress, considering suicide or harming others, or experiencing another emergency or crisis, DO NOT use this form.
Use the following 24-hour emergency resources:
- Call 911 or visit the nearest hospital emergency department.
- Call the Netcare Access mental health crisis line at 614.276.CARE (2273).
- If on campus, call CCAD Safety & Security at 614.222.6165
We appreciate your appointment request. Please allow 24 business hours for processing and response.
All enrolled CCAD students are eligible for 12 free counseling sessions per academic year. An initial counseling appointment (or “intake”) may be scheduled by calling the CWC at 614.222.4044 or by completing the form above. Messages will be returned as soon as possible, typically within one business day. Students can also schedule an appointment at the Student Affairs desk, located inside the Student Affairs office in the Loann Crane Center for Design.
The availability of the counseling staff varies, and so walk-in appointments cannot be guaranteed. If you are experiencing distress, a counselor is available during the hour between 11 a.m. to noon, Monday through Friday for urgent hours. The CWC is able to provide a limited number of evening appointments if a student is unable to schedule an appointment during usual office hours. Office hours may vary when classes are not in session. Please call 614.222.4044 for details.
- CWC urgent walk-in hour: Monday–Friday from 11:00am–noon.
- The CWC is not open over CCAD breaks or college-observed holidays.
- If CCAD is closed due to inclement weather or a holiday, then the CWC is also closed.
Call Netcare at 614.276.2273 or Suicide Prevention Services at 614.221.5445 if:
- you are having thoughts of harming yourself
- you are having thoughts of harming others
- you feel your concerns are urgent
- you cannot wait to speak with counseling staff during Urgent Hours (11 a.m.–noon weekdays)
You should immediately call 9-1-1 or report to the nearest emergency room if:
- you feel in danger of causing harm to yourself
- if you feel in danger of causing harm to those around you
CCAD Safety & Security (614.222.6165) can transport students to local hospitals or crisis centers if a student requires further evaluation and observation beyond the scope of the CCAD CWC. Safety & Security has the capability of reaching counseling staff when an urgent need arises after normal business hours and on weekends.
CWC Contact: 614.222.4044 to schedule an appointment with a counselor.