Upcoming Events

  • Off-Campus Application deadline for Summer and Fall 2016 Programs
    Feb 15, 2016
  • CCAD Housing Fair
    Feb 20, 2016
  • CCAD Art Fair applications close
    Feb 22, 2016


College Services

Making Payments (Bursar)

Fall 2015 & Spring 2016 Tuition & Fees

Figures listed below are estimates based on one person enrolled as a full-time student. Payments can be made online, mailed, or brought directly to One-Stop Student Services.

Application fee:   $40 undergraduate (for fall 2014 and beyond)
$60 graduate
(application fees are nonrefundable)
Scheduling fee:   $300 undergraudate
$300 graduate
(Are applied to tuition and fees. NOTE: payment may be reassigned to the following semster if a student defers, but not for semesters after that).
Scheduling fee deadlines:   First-year students: May 1 (for fall) and Dec.15 (for spring)
Transfer students: June 1 (for fall) and Dec. 15 (for spring)
Graduate students: April 15
Tuition (BFA & MFA):   $30,840 per year; $15,420 per semester (12-18 credit hours) (2015-2016)
Additional Credit hours:   $1,285 per credit hour for each additional hour over 18
Summer Tuition:   $650 per credit hour
Room & meal plan:   Incoming Students (fall & spring)
  • Schottenstein Residence Hall
    Shared double room (plus required meal plan): $8,390 per year; $4,195 per semester
  • Design Square Apartments
    Four bedroom (plus required meal plan):  $10,310 per year; $5,155 per semester

Returning Students (fall & spring)

  • Design Square Apartments
    Two bedroom: $7,670 per year; $3,835 per semester
    Four bedroom: $7,110 per year; $3,555 per semester

Meal Plans
Gold plan: $3,200 per year; $1,600 per semester (250 meals and $100 flex). Required for all incoming students.
Silver plan: $2,400 per year; $1,200 per semester (175 meals and $125 flex)
Bronze Plan: $1,920 per year; $960 per semester (125 meals and $150 flex)


  • Design Square Apartments
    Two bedroom: $1,710
    Four bedroom: $1,580
Housing deposit:   $250 (deadline is May 1 (for fall) and Jan. 2 (for spring)
Registration Fee:   $120 per year; $60 per semester (nonrefundable)
General fee:   $320 per year; $160 per semester (nonrefundable)
Health & accident insurance:  

$1,690 per year; $845 per semester (for domestic and international students)

$1032 for new enrollees for Spring 2016

Lab fees:   Generally $600 per year; $300 per semester (will vary with schedule)
Art supplies and books:   New freshmen and transfer students will have an estimated charge of $995 added to their first-semester tuition bill. This one-time supply charge will cover your art supply kits and textbooks. However, throughout the course of the first year, students should anticipate the purchase of additional supplies. Returning students purchase their own textbooks and supplies throughout the year as directed by their instructors.
Area off-campus apartments:   Upper-division students will find that apartment rates range from $350 to $850 per month
Food and other costs average $250 to $550 per month

Additional Information

  • Students are elligable to receive a 10% discount on most items in the supply store.
  • Fall semester 2015 bills or payment arrangements must be made by Aug. 7, 2015.
  • Spring semester 2016 bills or payment arrangements must be made by Jan. 8, 2016.
  • Online payments can be made through CCAD Self Service.
  • Bills are also payable by check or money order which should be made payable to CCAD and mailed to CCAD, One Stop Student Services, 60 Cleveland Ave, Columbus OH 43215.
  • For more information on fees and deadlines, contact One-Stop Student Services at 614.222.3295.

Billing Information
Statements will be mailed to the address the student lists as his or her "billing" address. A new billing address may be established, changed, or deleted at any time by writing or visiting One-Stop Student Services. Due dates cannot be extended because statements have not been received.

In addition to paper statements, billing statements are available online through CCAD's Self Service Portal. An email to the student's email address announces the availability of an updated online statement.

Information Release Permission Form
In our ongoing efforts to protect your privacy and to comply with federal privacy regulations, we are asking you to complete the FERPA Permission Form (pdf) if you would like One-Stop Student Services to release information about your billing and financial aid account to anyone other than yourself. Print the form, complete it, and submit it to One-Stop Student Services.

Veterans Benefits Information

Students with Veteran education benefits are charged the same fees as all other students please see the chart above for tuition and fees.

Columbus College of Art & Design is approved to provide education to eligible veterans, widows, and children of veterans and reservists. The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) determines your eligibility and equivalent educational benefits, but we can help identify benefits and get you through the application process.

To find out which benefit is best for you please visit the site below.

For incoming students (attending CCAD for the first time)
All applicants should be accepted before applying for Veterans Benefits. Once you are accepted you must fill out an application for benefits with the VA office. After your application is processed by the VA you will receive a Notice Of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) form. You need to send a copy of this form to the VA certifying official at CCAD.

Mail to:
Columbus College of Art & Design
One-Stop Student Services Office
60 Cleveland Ave
Columbus Ohio 43215

Transfer students
If you are transferring your VA benefits from another institution to CCAD you must fill out form 22-1995 (Request for change of program or place of training) and submit the form to the VA Regional Processing center.

Current students
If you are a current student we will send your certifications upon registration.
How to apply for VA benefits
If you are using VA benefits for the first time you can complete an application for benefits online at the GI bill website or fill out a paper application.

To fill out the application online through the GI Bill website with the following link.

To fill out a paper application form 22-1990 go to the GI Bill website with the following link. http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-1990-ARE.pdf

We certify benefits for the following chapters

  • Chapter 33 Post 911 (Yellow Ribbon for eligible students at 100% benefit rate)
  • Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill
  • Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill Select Reserves
  • Chapter 1607 Reserve Educational Assistance program
  • Chapter 32 Veterans Education Assistance Program
  • Chapter 35 Dependents Education Assistance Program
  • Chapter 31 Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation program

Tuition Assistance
If you have other questions or need additional help please contact VA Regional Processing center.  1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551)
Department of Veteran Affairs
P.O. Box 4616
Buffalo, NY14240-4616

Veterans Readmission Policies:
Students called to active duty in the United States Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserves for more than 30 days can return to CCAD with the same academic status, provided they meet the following conditions:

  • When called to active duty, the student must submit the proper paperwork to the registrar. A copy of the service orders or an affidavit is acceptable documentation. The college also requires the student to submit a withdrawal form in writing.
  • Once the proper documentation of service orders or an affidavit is submitted, the student will receive 100% refund for tuition and the courses will be dropped from the student’s record.
  • Students receiving financial aid must follow the guidelines of Title IV funding.
  • If the student has a CCAD scholarship, he/she should fill out a scholarship request form when activated so that the scholarship will be held. Once the student is reenrolled, a scholarship reinstatement form should be filled out and returned to the Director of Financial Aid.
  • The student cannot be absent from CCAD for more than five years.
  • Once their service is complete, the student has to properly notify CCAD of intention to re-enroll.
  • The student must not be discharged from the Armed Forces with a dishonorable discharge or bad conduct discharge.

Bursar Contact: email I 614.222.3295