Graduation Information 2013
Cap, Gown, and Commencement Announcements
Your cap, gown, and generic commencement announcements will be available at the One-Stop Student Services office around the third week of April. We will send you an email announcing the pick-up date. There are a set number of generic announcements included in your graduation package.
If you would like to order personalized announcements at your own cost you can call Jostens direct at 1.800.854.7464 or go to www.jostens.com. Please make sure to allow Jostens at least two weeks processing time for any individual announcement orders.
Reserved Seating for Handicapped Guests
If you need reserved seating for a handicapped guest and did not request it on your graduation application form, please contact One-Stop Student Services today.
Seats will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. No seats will be reserved except in the case of handicapped guests and one additional family member to assist the guest with special needs.
The college will also obtain a deaf-sign interpreter for those guests who need assistance. However, please inform the One Stop as soon as possible in order for us to make special arrangements for you and your guests if you did not indicate this on your graduation application.
Graduate Clearance Checklist
Please remember that if you have any outstanding debts or have not been cleared by the offices listed below, all services will be delayed and you will not receive your degree, diploma, transcripts (for employment, graduate school, etc.), and will have all other services stopped until the problem is resolved. Please use the following checklist to ensure you have cleared all areas prior to May 3.
- Library Clearance
- Financial Aid Clearance
- NDSL/Perkins Clearance (See Bursar)
- Shop Clearance
- Bursar Clearance
- May 3: Final grades due for May graduates. You must complete all your degree requirements in May in order to attend commencement and graduate. Your grades are due from the faculty on Friday, May 3. We will distribute special graduate lists to faculty; however, please be sure to remind your instructors that you are a May graduate. You can check your grades online via Self Service.
- May 6: President’s party for MFA graduates. You will receive an invitation via your CCAD email account.
- May 7: President’s Party for BFA graduates. You will receive an invitation via your CCAD email account.
- May 10, 1:30 p.m., Commencement Rehearsal: The rehearsal will begin in the basement rehearsal area (assembly room #1) of the Ohio Theatre (39 E. State. St. Columbus, OH, 43215). You must arrive in the rehearsal area prior to the 1:30 p.m. start of the rehearsal. You will not need your cap, gown, and hood for the rehearsal. However, you must pick-up all the items prior to rehearsal day. During the rehearsal we will show you the proper manner for wearing the apparel, particularly the hood.
- May 11 8:45 a.m. Graduates MUST be in the Ohio Theatre basement rehearsal area (assembly room #1)
- May 11, 10 a.m. Commencement Ceremony