On-Campus Safety Information
- There are emergency call boxes located outdoors around the campus that can be used to call campus security or 911. Call boxes are indicated on the campus map.
- A free security escort/shuttle service is available during the academic term.
- Students using campus lab facilities after 8 p.m. may request a drive home by the security officer in the campus security car if their home is within the following boundaries: Parsons Avenue to the east, Main Street to the south, Fourth Street to the west, and Spring Street to the north.
- Employees and students may request a security officer to escort them anywhere on campus by foot anytime of the day. Security officers may be reached 24 hours a day by calling 614.222.6165 (6165 on campus phones). Campus phones are installed in several buildings across campus that can be used for this free service.
- Safety procedures and practices are presented to all students and CCAD employees through various mailings, presentations, and programs.
- Security awareness/crime prevention programs are offered to help students develop improved safety habits.
- The campus is equipped with an extensive outdoor lighting system.
- Access to campus buildings is restricted at night.
- Uniformed campus security officers patrol campus on foot, on bicycles, and in marked campus security cars.
- The Safety & Security Office works closely with the Columbus Police Department.
- Criminal actions or other emergencies are to be reported to a campus security officer or the Student Affairs Office.
- The Safety & Security office is located in the Administration Building.
Safety & Security Contact: 614.222.6165