On-Campus Safety Information
- There are emergency call boxes located outdoors around the campus that can be used to call campus security or 911. Call boxes are indicated on the campus map.
- Employees and students may request a security officer to escort them anywhere on campus by foot anytime of the day. Security officers may be reached 24 hours a day by calling 614.222.6165 (6165 on campus phones). Campus phones are installed in several buildings across campus that can be used for this free service. The Security Department will also provide free shuttle/escort service, as available, for health or safety reasons within the following boundaries: Parsons Avenue to the east, Main Street to the south, Fourth Street to the west, and Spring Street to the north.
- Safety procedures and practices are presented to all students and CCAD employees through various mailings, presentations, and programs.
- Security awareness/crime prevention programs are offered to help students develop improved safety habits.
- The campus is equipped with an extensive outdoor lighting system.
- Access to campus buildings is restricted at night.
- Uniformed campus security officers patrol campus on foot, on bicycles, and in marked campus security cars.
- The Safety & Security Office works closely with the Columbus Police Department.
- Criminal actions or other emergencies are to be reported to a campus security officer or the Student Affairs Office.
- The Safety & Security office is located in the Administration Building.
Safety & Security Contact: 614.222.6165