Tech Buyer's Guide: What You Will Need
Technology plays an increasingly important role in all areas of our curriculum and in art & design professions. For this reason, this is the second year that the college has stipulated that freshmen have a laptop computer.
Incoming Freshmen and Sophomore Students are required to bring:
- A laptop computer that meets or exceeds the system requirements to support Adobe Creative Suite software.
- A licensed copy of Adobe Creative Suite 6.0 Design Premium software, available for a discounted price of $350 in the CCAD Supply Store.
- An external hard drive to back up your work.
- A USB Flash Drive to transfer files.
- Locking laptop security cable.
- Up-to-date Virus Protection.
Juniors and Seniors are required to bring:
- An external hard drive to save your work. The network home folders we have used in the past are being phased out. Students will need to provide their own file storage.
- A USB Flash Drive to transfer files
- Blank DVDs or a second hard drive to back up your important files.
Information Technology Contact: 614.222.6174
July 27, 2011
| || |