GoStudio: your courses online
GoStudio is an online Learning Management System providing tools faculty members and students can use to share information and collaborate with others to support teaching and learning.
Powered by the widely used Moodle open source system, this online learning environment offers instructors the ability to post lessons and course files, host discussions, identify assignments, add interactive discussion groups or chats, and more.
Among the other benefits, GoStudio:
- is Available from both on- and off-campus
- Assists faculty members in distributing information and collecting assignments
- Allows faculty members to track activities — see who has accessed materials (and when), and know precisely when assignments are submitted
- Provides a way to share direct feedback with students about assignments
- Take advantage of other tools — GoStudio includes a wide variety of other resources to enhance course community and interaction
There are a few limitations you should be aware of:
- The system has a maximum 32 MB File Size limit, which applies to all uploads from faculty members and students.
- The system is not currently available for CE, SMAC, and other non-degree courses
Making Courses Available to Students
Courses are only visible to students once their instructor has ‘activated’ them. When an instructor logs into the system, they will see the courses they are assigned to teach. Courses with the title listed in Gray are not available (or visible) to students, and those with Red titles are available.
To activate a course, a faculty member must log in and click on the course title to view the course. On the left side, click the Settings link and scroll down to the Availability section. Change the popup menu to display This course is available for students. Then scroll to the bottom and click Save Changes.
Please take care to only make courses in the current term available to students!
On the GoStudio front page, the Main Menu on the left side includes links to the following resources:
Information Technology Contact: 614.222.6174
July 27, 2011