Technology: Wireless Hotspots
You can access the Internet with your WiFi-equipped laptop computer in several locations on campus, including websites and email access. It does not connect to CCAD academic or administrative networks, file servers, or printers.
- Using your WiFi-equipped laptop computer, connect to the network named CCAD. (Macintosh users, select CCAD from the Airport menu in the menu bar, or in the Airport panel within Network Preferences. Windows users, choose CCAD as the SSID in your wireless network software.)
- Open a Web browser and enter a Web address. You may see a warning that the browser cannot verify the identity of the site—click Continue.
- The wireless hotspot login screen will appear. Enter your CCAD user ID and password on the left (the same ones you use to access your email), and click the Log In button. The website you originally requested should now appear.
- This service is provided as a 'shared resource'
- Access to this network is not encrypted, so everything you send and receive is in clear text. A possibility exists that someone else could monitor your activity on this wireless network. Avoid sending personal or sensitive data across the wireless network.
- Any computer on this network infected with a virus may attempt to spread the infection to other wireless users. Please make sure that your virus protection is up-to-date.
If you have difficulty logging in or using the wireless network, contact CCAD Information Technology at 614.222.6174 (6174 from campus phones).
Wireless Hotspots on Campus
Wireless service is available in these locations across campus. (Service is available throughout the buildings listed unless otherwise noted.)
- Administration Building
- Amelita Mirolo Fine Arts Building
- Battelle Hall — second floor
- Canzani Center
- Circle Hall
- Design Square Apartments — The campus wireless network is available on the first floor, including lounge, laundry room and cafeteria. (The rest of the building has ResNet Wireless service for residents.)
- Design Studios on Broad — second floor classrooms
- Loann Crane Center for Design
- Kinney Hall
- Schottenstein Residence Hall — The campus wireless network is available in the lower-level workout room. (The rest of the building has ResNet Wireless service for residents.)
Information Technology Contact: 614.222.6174
March 29, 2011