It’s important to understand the following parking rules and regulations because those who violate these regulations may receive a fine and/or have their cars towed beginning with the first parking violation.
Where to park
College-owned lots are marked with CCAD signs. Employees may park in any CCAD lot but must first fill up the lots designated for faculty and staff. Students are not permitted to park in lots designated for faculty and staff. No unauthorized person is permitted to park in handicapped or reserved parking spaces.
Your vehicle will be ticketed and/or towed if:
• It’s parked at the end of a row so that the entire vehicle is not directly in front of a block or within painted parking lines.
• It’s blocking the door to a building.
• It’s parked in such a way that makes it difficult for cars to exit from authorized parking spaces or parking lots.
Tickets, fines and towing
Tickets are issued and fines can be levied for violations of the parking rules (for example, parking improperly or not displaying a current permit in the lower left rear windshield) — starting with the first violation. You can pay your fines at the One-Stop Student Services Office. In addition, parking violations may result in your vehicle being towed (beginning with the first violation). Towing charges are levied on your vehicle by the towing company and cannot be waived or reimbursed by CCAD. If you park in a lot that's not owned by CCAD, the owner of the lot may have your car towed. Please review the campus map carefully to make certain you park only in lots owned or leased by CCAD.
Appealing a parking ticket
• Pick up a parking ticket appeal form from the Safety & Security Office.
• Return the completed form within 14 days of the disputed citation.
• The Director of Safety & Security will review the appeal within a week.
• It is your responsibility to contact the Safety & Security Office to check on the status of your appeal.
Please note that even if a fine is waived, the offense may still be recorded.