Sunday, Dec. 2
10 a.m.–3 p.m.
CCAD's Canzani Center (map it)
Interested in a degree in art or design? Come to CCAD for a hands-on studio experience that’ll put you in direct contact with CCAD faculty, staff, students, and alumni—plus on-point info sessions for your family—all on the same day. Scroll down to see the studio workshop options and register.
Studio Day Schedule
- For Students: Studio Workshop part I
- For Parents: CCAD & the creative economy followed by information on the financial aid and admissions processes
noon–12:30 p.m. Student Lunch
noon–1 p.m. Parent Lunch
- For Students: Studio Workshop part II
- For Parents: choose a tour of campus, the Columbus Museum of Art, or of Columbus itself.
- For Students: Portfolio prep presentation
There is no charge, but we do ask that you register and give us your first, second, and third workshop choices, see below for full descriptions.
Studio Day Workshops
(Each workshop is three hours with the first part from 10:30 a.m. to noon and the second part from 1:30 to 3 p.m.)
- Ad & Graphic Design: Create & Animate Your Logo--FULL
Participants will follow a typical design process, from initial sketches through a final version, resulting in a personal logo, which they will then animate.
- Animation: Character Animation--FULL
Invent a character, animate a walk cycle, convert the images into a 2D sprite, and make your character come to life in GameSalad.
- Cinematic Arts: Video Biographies
Participants will learn the basics of video recording with high definition cameras, will conduct an interview and will edit it in Final Cut Pro, ultimately creating a short, playable DVD.
- Fashion Design: Dying to Make a Scarf--FULL
Come play in CCAD’s fashion labs where you will learn the beautiful Shibori technique and use it as the foundation to design and make your own scarf.
- Fine Arts: Digital Painting
Using CCAD’s Cintiq tablet monitors, you will create a digital painting from life in Photoshop.
- Fine Arts: Jewelry Making
Explore our jewelry/small metals lab while creating a silver bracelet from start to finish—you will cut, file, solder and ultimately fabricate a silver bracelet.
- Illustration: The Art of Caricature--FULL
Work with our nationally renowned chair of Illustration C.F. Payne to delve into caricature development and ultimately create a caricature of your own.
- Industrial Design: Re-Design of Crutches
Teams of two participants will be paired with a CCAD Industrial Design student to develop new design concepts for crutches using a design thinking process that includes the steps of empathize, define, ideate, prototype and test.
- Interior Design: Project Boards for Interior Spaces
Participants will design an interior space of their own inspiration and create a project board representing that space.
- Photography: Studio Photography--FULL
An exploration of the photographic studio.
Return to Admissions Events page.
For driving directions and parking information go to the Campus Map page (parking is available at any CCAD lot, please note the lot adjacent to the Canzani Center is NOT a CCAD lot and only available M-F, 8 a.m.–6:30 p.m.)
Coming from out of town? Go to our Where to Stay page for useful info.
Contact the Admissions Office: 614.222.3261 | toll free 877.997.CCAD (2223) | email.