FRIDAY, OCT. 4
5:30 p.m. Alumni Lecture: CCAD President Denny Griffith
Crane Center (third floor)
6:30–8:30 p.m. Alumni Reception
Second floor of Canzani Center/Acock Gallery
Includes recognition for and exhibition of work by the winner of the 2013 Alumni Award for Excellence, Chad Hunt (Photography, 1994).
Our gallery hours will be extended until 10 p.m.
7 p.m. Reelabilities Film Festival Screening
Alumni & Family Weekend registrants can get a free pass to the film.
SATURDAY, OCT. 5
9–10 a.m. Breakfast and Check-in
Check-in on the quad and breakfast will be served in the atrium of the Canzani Center. Galleries will be open.
10–11 a.m. Campus Welcome
Canzani Center Auditorium.
11 a.m.–4 p.m. Family Festival
Fun for all ages: bounce houses, a big red chair, a zip line down Gay Street, and more!
11:30–1 p.m. Picnic on the Quad
Bring your own lunch or purchase tickets for the buffet at the check-in table.
Noon and 1 p.m. Campus Tour
The noon and 1 p.m. tours will be leaving from the registration table. These tours will include a stop to the Fine Arts department and a tour of the studios.
1–3 p.m. Student and Faculty Demos
- Trebuchet Launch: watch as our Industrial Design students launch zombie heads from a trebuchet on N 9th Street
- Glass Blowing: gather in the "pit" in Kinney Hall to see students blowing glass
2–3 p.m. Gallery Talk: Chad Hunt, 2013 Alumni Award for Excellence winner
Acock Gallery (Canzani Center, second floor)
2:30–4 p.m. Open Houses
Foundation Studies and Liberal Arts start at 2:30, the rest at 3 p.m.:
- Advertising & Graphic Design: Crane Center, third floor
- Animation: Kinney Hall, third floor
- Cinematic Arts: Kinney Hall, third floor
- Fashion: Design Studios on Broad, second floor
- Foundation Studies: Design Studios on Broad
- Illustration: Kinney Hall
- Interior Design: Crane Center, second floor
- Liberal Arts: Design Studios on Broad
3–4 p.m. Major-Specific Alumni Receptions
Photography: Kinney Hall
Industrial Design: Fab Lab, lower level of Kinney Hall
5–8 p.m. Gallery Hop
Check out all the galleries in the Short North, Columbus' arts district. We will be offering transportation to and from the Gallery Hop and will have an informal gathering at the Short North Tavern. A shuttle to Short North will pick up and drop off guests in the parking lot of North of Design Square apartments.