Future Students & Parents
How to Apply
You are taking the exciting first step in becoming a CCAD student—applying. The admissions team is here to help guide you through the application process and make it as easy as possible. All applicants will need to provide the following in order to complete their application for admission.
CCAD's Master of Fine Arts (graduate) program accepts applications for the fall (August) semester only. If you are a college graduate and are interested in the graduate program, please visit the MFA Application Requirements Page.
Fall 2015 Enrollment
Create Account: Creating an account will enable you to track your application process and supporting documents, as well as receive more information about Columbus College of Art & Design.
- Official High School Transcripts or GED score report Transcripts should be mailed to us directly from the schools. Contact your school to request a transcript or use this form to see if you can request a transcript electronically: Transcript Request Form.
- Official College/University Transcripts required if you have completed any college or university courses. You must contact your college to request they send transcripts directly to CCAD.
- Letter(s) of recommendation required from an art instructor, guidance counselor, professional artist, or employer who can speak to your abilities and talents. You will need contact information (full name, email address, title, and mailing address) for each person from whom you will request a letter of recommendation.
- CCAD would love to look at your “Evidence of Creativity.” Of course, “Evidence of Creativity” is not required to be considered for undergraduate admission, but we'd love to look at any examples of things you’ve done that may demonstrate success in a creative career. Anything you submit enhances your application and might get you a scholarship too! Check out our Evidence of Creativity page for more information.
- A Personal Statement at CCAD is required—but we don’t think about it in the traditional sense. We ask our students to “Write it. Film it. Design it. Picture it.” while answering: Who are you, what do you love and what does creativity mean to you?
- ACT/SAT Scores are not required as part of the application process for the purpose of admission*. CCAD does highly recommend every student submit a standardized test score as they will factor into any academic scholarship consideration and will be reviewed, with other indicators, for academic ability and potential for success. All homeschooled students are required to submit the ACT or SAT—unless otherwise approved. The CCAD code for the ACT is 3281 and for the SAT it is 1085.
- TOEFL/IELTS Test Scores—Proof of English proficiency is required. Students from countries where English is not the only official language must meet the minimum required score on any one of the following. Proof of these scores must be sent to CCAD directly from the testing agency. The CCAD code for the TOEFL is 1085.
- TOEFL: iBT minimum of 61
- IELTS: minimum of 6.0
- International Students need to submit a copy of their passport and if already in the United States, copies of their current immigration status. Financial records will be required showing a student has at least $44,000 US dollars available for the first year of study.
- $40 Non-Refundable Application Fee payable online when submitting the CCAD Application for Admission. Need-based fee waivers are available. Current high school students should request the NACAC or College Board fee waiver application from their high school counselor. This may be sent under separate cover from the application. All other students should contact Admissions Office.
All paper credentials must be sent to:
60 Cleveland Ave
Columbus, OH 43215
*Because standardized test results are used for academic counseling and placement as well as for the College's ongoing research into the relationship between standardized testing and success at CCAD, every effort will be made to collect ACT/SAT scores from all entering first-year students over the summer prior to matriculating at CCAD.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Apply to CCAD for fall semester
- Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible to allow time to process admission, financial aid, and other paperwork required. Decision letters will be mailed weekly starting in December.
- Dec. 1: Early action deadline
- Feb. 15: Merit scholarship deadline and priority deadline
for financial aid
- Aug. 1: Final deadline
- Spring semester entry application deadline, Dec. 1
- Spring semester medical information forms, scheduling, and housing deposits deadline, Dec. 15
- Students are encouraged to deposit by the deadline, but deposits will be accepted after that time if space is available. Deposits are nonrefundable. Residence Life will accept housing applications after this date as long as housing is still available.
The Admissions Office is here to help you join the CCAD community. For assistance in completing your application and assembling your creative portfolio, please contact us.
email I firstname.lastname@example.org l 614.222.3261 I toll free 877.997.CCAD (2223)
Disclaimer: CCAD reserves the right to reject an application, to rescind an offer of admission, or revoke the admission of any person for any reason not contrary to law.