Future Students & Parents
New Student Orientation
Welcome to CCAD!
New student orientation will help you get on firm footing well before you begin you college career at CCAD. We are proud to welcome the next class of talented artists and designers to our community and we look forward to helping you prepare for your CCAD experience!
Session Dates for 2015
|Session I:||June 15 & 16 (CLOSED)|
|Session II:||June 18 & 19 (Open to all new students)|
|Session III:||June 22 & 23 (Open to all new students)|
|Session IV:||August 21 (Open to all new students)|
A session open only to transfer students and new students over the age of 24 will be held on Thursday, August 20.
We also offer a weeklong orientation for students with an international visa from August 16-20. Eligible students will receive an invitation to International Orientation.
New students starting in spring semester 2016 attend a one-day orientation session on January 8, 2016.
Orientation is Mandatory for incoming students (Each student chooses one session)
Please read through this page for important information about New Student Orientation and then please click on the link below to register for your session! Registration opens MAY 1 and the deadline to register is JUNE 6.
Highlights of Orientation
During orientation, you will:
- Meet and mingle with your Orientation Leaders, upperclass students who will lead you through orientation and share their insider knowledge about CCAD.
- Make friends before classes even start!
- Enjoy social activities on campus.
- Spend the night in our Schottenstein residence hall (required for all students attending June sessions only) and experience what it’s like to live on campus.
- Learn more about your major, meet with faculty and receive your fall class schedule
- Get this-is-for-real details about:
- Student organizations and getting involved on campus
- Multicultural Affairs
- Learning Support Services
- Counseling and Wellness Center
- Off Campus Study
- Safety and Security
- Residence Life or Commuter Life
- Financial Aid and Bursar’s Office
- Computer and technology requirements
- Career Services
- Enjoy late evening social activities on campus
Each June orientation session lasts one and a half days. We ask that you choose the session that works best with your schedule and please make arrangements with your employer (if necessary) to be able to attend the entire orientation session.
Each new student MUST attend ONE of the four sessions. While the August session will contain all the essential information, the schedule has been condensed to provide additional time to prepare for the start of classes. If your schedule allows, the June sessions are preferable and provide the most time to enjoy the orientation experience.
The Transfer Orientation Session will have a separate, condensed schedule, though transfer students can register for any orientation session they choose.
Family is Welcome
Because this transition impacts the entire family, we offer information specifically tailored for parents at each orientation session. However, attendance is not required for parents, and some information will be available online after the June sessions for those unable to attend. Though we welcome your family, we can only accommodate a maximum of two family guests per student at Orientation. Any additional guests will cost $35 per person to attend.
For timing reference, we’ve provided a tentative schedule. Please click the link for a tentative schedule, understanding that some sessions are subject to change.
Link to Tentative Orientation schedule PDF
All June Orientation student participants are required stay overnight on campus and are housed for free in the residence hall with roommates, even those students who plan to commute in the fall. This time together allows students to deepen their connection to the CCAD campus and make friendships that will potentially last a lifetime!
New students over the age of 24 are not required to stay overnight in the residence hall. Family members staying in June have the option of staying in the residence hall on a separate floor for a small fee (see below) or at a hotel. Space for family members in the residence hall is limited.
During August orientation session, only incoming students scheduled to live in the residence hall may stay in the hall, as this orientation occurs after Move- In. In August, commuting students and all family members will need to make other lodging arrangements.
|June Family Housing Room Description||Room Charge|
|Double Room: 4 twin beds, bathroom and common space||$60|
Families planning to stay in the residence hall need to indicate this on the registration form and must provide payment (cash or check) at orientation check in. The residence hall will not be open the night before or after orientation.
For those families looking to stay off-campus, click here for lodging near CCAD : http://www.ccad.edu/future-students-parents/visit-ccad/where-to-stay
Directions to campus: http://www.ccad.edu/ccad-campus/campus-map
What to Bring
- Everyone staying overnight on campus will need to bring pillows, twin-sized bed linens, towels and toiletries.
- Bring any unfinished paperwork for admissions.
- Comfortable clothing (including layers for indoor and outdoor sessions).
- Your log-in information for your CCAD e-mail account (from your acceptance packet).
- You will be taking your ID Picture at check-in, so try to look your best!
- A positive attitude and willingness to meet new people!
Other Important Information
- The supply store will be open to visit and purchase CCAD branded swag, but students will not be able to buy or pick up their supply kit until the days before classes start August.
- Free meals include lunch and dinner on the first day and continental breakfast on the second day. The CCAD Market will be open for cash purchases for any other meals you may want to purchase.
- There will be local banks set up at the end of orientation to register new accounts if you wish.
- If you have Admissions related questions, please contact the admissions office toll free at 877.997.CCAD (2223) or email@example.com.
- If you have Residence Hall related questions, please contact Mickey Hart, Director of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.222.3294.
- If you have Orientation related questions, please contact Heather Bray, Director of Student Involvement and Orientation at email@example.com or 614.222.6191.