Future Students & Parents
New Student Orientation
Welcome to CCAD!
New student orientation helps you get on firm footing before you begin your college career at CCAD. Orientation is mandatory for incoming students. Orientation dates for fall admission are in June and August; there are several two-day sessions to choose from, a one-day session in August and, also in August, a transfer/nontraditional student orientation. We also offer a weeklong international orientation for students with an internaional visa. New students starting in spring semester attend a one-day orientation session in January.
All students must attend an entire orientation session in order to be approved and registered for classes. Register for Orientation 2013.
During orientation, you will:
- Register for classes and leave with your schedule.
- Discuss financial aid, health issues, the academic program, educational resources, and more.
- Enjoy social activities on campus.
- Gather in student groups to get to know each other and ask questions of faculty and upper-level students.
- Meet orientation leaders who offer assistance, advice, and insider knowledge about life at CCAD.
The orientation schedule provides time to prepare for the start of classes. Those attending sessions in August or January will have a class schedule sent to them and can discuss changing it at orientation.
Because this transition affects the entire family, we offer information specifically tailored for parents at orientation. Attendance is not required for parents, and some information will be available online for those unable to attend. We welcome your family; however, we must limit each student to a maximum of two guests. Any additional guests will cost $35 per person to attend.
Students attending June orientation are housed in the residence hall (with roomates) on campus for free. During June orientation family members may also stay on campus. Guests wishing to stay on campus can get a double room for $60, which includes four twin beds, a private bathroom, and common space.
During August and January orientation sessions, only incoming students scheduled to live in the residence hall may stay on campus. Commuting students and all family members will need to make other housing arrangements.
Go to the Where to Stay page for info on hotels and more.
The residence hall WILL NOT be open the nights before and after orientation.
Things to Bring
- Bring any unfinished paperwork for admissions.
- Bring your artwork if you are scheduled for a Transfer Artwork Review.
- Bring a camera for fun.
- Bring a good attitude and willingness to meet new people.
- Anyone & everyone staying overnight on campus will need to bring pillows, twin-sized bed linens, towels, and toiletries.
Other Important Information
- Our Supply Store will be open to visitors, but students will not be able to buy or pick up their supply kits until right before classes start.
- For admissions-related questions:
Admissions Contact: email I 614.222.3261 I toll free 877.997.CCAD (2223)
- For residence hall questions:
Residence Life Contact: email I 614.222.3294
- For orientation-related questions:
Student Activities and Orientation Contact: email I 614.222.4044
Directions to CCAD
CCAD is located in downtown Columbus just west of the Interstate 71 and East Broad Street interchange. For driving directions and a campus map click here.