Programs of Study
Continuing & Professional Studies Scholarships
Currently the Continuing & Professional Studies Office offers scholarships for Saturday Morning Art Classes students, College PreView, and Discovery Club students.
College PreView Scholarships
A limited number of scholarships are available, ranging from $250 to $1,500. To be considered, you must complete an online scholarship application. Visit the College PreView registration page for details on how to apply.
Discovery Club Scholarships
Discovery Club offers some need-based scholarships. Download and the scholarship application form (pdf) for submission details. The scholarship application form and one drawing must be received by CCAD's Continuing & Professional Studies office (via mail) by April 15.
Saturday Morning Art Classes Scholarships
Students grades one–12 may compete for a scholarship valued at $100 prior to each term. Additionally, students may apply for a need-based scholarship valued at $175. There is no entry fee for the competition.
Scholarship Application Due Dates:
Fall scholarship application and drawing due: June 15, by 5 p.m.
Spring scholarship application and drawing due: Oct. 15, by 5 p.m.
Merit Scholarship Form (pdf)
Scholarship Competition Guidelines
Children are invited to submit for competition and the need-based scholarship (if applicable), one drawing, which must meet the following guidelines:
- Student’s original artwork done without help.
- Still-life drawing of common objects. We suggest an arrangement of five to 10 objects, such as small boxes, bowls, cups, and other simple objects on a table. Draw these objects as you see them, try to fill the page, and add details.
- Size requirement: 8.5 x 11 inches.
- Black and white only, using pencil, ink, or marker.
- Spend about one hour on the drawing.
- Fill out the scholarship application and firmly affix to the back of the drawing. This form may be copied. (This form may not be used to register for classes.)
All entrants are encouraged to do their best. Judges will look for students who demonstrate a high level of interest, effort, and creativity. The drawing should include a lot of interesting elements while exhibiting good compositional qualities. Please note that scholarship drawings will not be returned.
Continuing & Professional Studies Contact: email | continuinged AT ccad DOT edu l 614.222.3248
|The Saturday Morning Art Classes program is supported by:|
|Pat & Hank Brooks Endowed Scholarship|