Programs of Study
College PreView Registration
- To participate in 2015 College PreView, you must be in grade 9, 10, 11 or 12, now.
- To secure your place in the program click the Register Now button, to create an account (or log in to an existing account), then register and pay your nonrefundable $250 deposit.
- You will receive a notice via email to pay the balance of your College PreView tuition and select your areas of interest.
- If you wish to apply for a scholarship, please follow the instructions below. You do not have to pay your deposit before applying for a scholarship, however, paying the nonrefundable deposit reserves your space in the program.
A limited number of scholarships are available, ranging from $250 to $1,500. To be considered, you must complete an online scholarship application. As part of that application, you must submit a digital portfolio of three examples of your work, a letter of recommendation, and a personal statement.
- First, visit ccad.slideroom.com and sign up for an account.
- Once you have your account, log into Slideroom, choose “College PreView,” and review the details about how to prepare and submit your application materials.
- When your application materials are ready, log back into Slideroom and submit your application.
- You will receive an email verifying that you have successfully submitted your application.
- You will receive another email by Monday, April 27, telling you whether you got a scholarship.
- After you find out about your scholarship, you must register and submit your deposit for the program by Friday, May 15.
The program fee $2,950 covers three college credits, three weeks of on-campus residence, all meals, all supplies, and all costs related to local transportation, admission, and food for off-campus activities. Scholarships are available.
- Nov. 1: Online registration opens
- April 15: Scholarship application deadline
- April 27: Scholarship applicants notified of awards
- May 15: Registration and nonrefundable tuition deposit ($250) deadline
- June 1: Tuition balance ($2,700) due
- June 15: Refund requests deadline
- June 21: Move-in and mandatory orientation
- June 21–July 11: College PreView in session
- July 11: Reception, exhibition, and move-out
- July 24: Grades mailed
Major Studies and Collaborative Core
Each student will select their combination of Major Studies to focus on during their experience. Collaborative Core projects are key to all majors at CCAD, so they’re also a big part of your College PreView coursework. In them, you’ll work as a team on real-world art and design challenges leading toward your capstone presentation. Based on the major(s) you’re most interested in, you’ll select one of the following areas as the focus of your work in Major Studies as well as the Collaborative Core:
- Art as Entertainment (Animation, Illustration and Cinematic Arts)
- The Power of Design (Advertising and Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design and Fashion Design)
- Studio Arts and Visual Culture (Fine Arts and Photography)
Major Studies Support Workshops
Creativity Workshops are short, intensive lectures and hands-on sessions that challenge you to expand your innovation skills and creative abilities. They include:
- Concept Calisthenics
- Design Thinking
- Creative Habit-Making
- Think. Do. Reflect. (Repeat.)
College PreView lectures discuss best practices, professionalism, and possible career trajectories in art and design. Topics include:
- Creativity and professionalism
- Portfolio development and college admissions
- Firsthand career experiences of creative professionals
- Different contexts for art and design
Leisure Time and Evening Events
Guided social activities and off-campus trips round out College PreView.
Outreach Programs Contact: email | admissions AT ccad DOT edu l 614.222.3261