Programs of Study
Use the links to find additional important information on our registration policies for all Continuing & Professional Studies classes, workshops and lectures, including all programming for children. (Go the College PreView page for registration information specific to that program).
- Gift Certificates
- Fees & Payment
- Financial Aid
- Enrolling in BFA Courses as a Continuing & Professional Studies (nondegree seeking) Student
- Additional Information for Saturday Morning Art Classes
How to Register
Register & Pay Online
Once registration is open for the class or workshop you are interested in, choose the "Register Now" button and follow the prompts. (New users will need to set up an account. Please save your username and password to sign up for Continuing & Professional Studies classes in the future.)
Register & Pay with a Check
To pay with a check, please download and print the appropriate registration form, fill out and mail in with your payment. Registrations will not be accepted until the registration open date. (Please note your place in the class will not be reserved until your form and payment are received).
Last day to register is one week prior to the start of the course. Registrations cannot be accepted over the phone. The college reserves the right to cancel courses due to low enrollment or to change times or instructors without notice.
Mail or fax your completed form with payment to:
Continuing & Professional Studies Office
Columbus College of Art & Design
60 Cleveland Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215
Continuing & Professional Studies Office Contact:
email I 614.222.3248 I fax 614.358.1024
Visit the Continuing & Professional Studies office Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. in the Canzani Center, located at Cleveland Avenue and East Gay Street.
You can purchase gift certificates from CCAD’s Continuing & Professional Studies (CPS) office, for any amount (full amount must be used when redeemed), which can be applied to any class offered by Continuing & Professional Studies, including Saturday Morning Art Classes and classes and workshops for adults. Gift certificates may be purchased over the phone at 614.222.3248 or in person in the CPS office on the first floor of the Canzani Center.
Fees are included with course descriptions. Full payment is due upon registration..
By registering for classes, you accept responsibility for paying for the entire session regardless of the method of payment and/or attendance in class. CCAD does not have an automatic withdrawal policy. Nonattendance does not constitute official withdrawal from one or more classes. To withdraw from a course and /or request a refund, you must submit your request in writing. Tuition and fees are non-transferable.
Refunds are granted according to the following schedule:
- Continuing & Professional Studies Courses & Saturday Morning Art Classes
- One full week prior to start of class 100% less $75 administration fee
- After first class but before day of 2nd class 60%
- After second class but before day of 3rd class 40%
- No refunds thereafter
- Creative Summer Workshops, all adult workshops, lectures, and conferences
- One full week prior to start of workshop, lecture, or conference 100% less $75 administration fee
- No refunds thereafter
All refunds are issued as a check payable to the registered student. If applicable, it is the student’s responsibility to work our repayment with the person or party responsible for payment of tuition. Credit card accounts cannot be credited with a refund. Refunds are processed as quickly as possible, but may take 4-6 weeks.
Students who have not been formally admitted through CCAD's admissions process are considered nondegree-seeking students and are not eligible for Federal financial aid. The college does, however, offer some children's program scholarships. See the Continuing & Professional Studies Scholarship page for details.
Supplies and equipment vary according to the course. Supply lists will be provided on the first day of class. Most supplies are available at the CCAD supply store located in Kinney Hall. For store information go to the Supply Store page.
Continuing & Professional Studies courses are pass/nonpass. No letter grade is given. Students who must have a letter grade should alert the instructor at the first class.
Letter grades are issued for degree courses. Students who wish to register for a degree course but do not want a letter grade must express that they choose to audit the course at the time of registration. Continuing & Professional Studies courses (courses that are designated CE in the course number) may not be audited. No audits will be processed after registration closes for the term.
- Registration for BFA degree courses will open to Continuing & Professional Studies students one week before BFA courses begin.
- Continuing & Professional Studies/nondegree-seeking students may enroll in both day and evening courses in accordance with the following policies:
- All prerequisites and permissions must be obtained before registration. Students may need to have work reviewed.
- Continuing & Professional Studies students may take degree courses on a space-available basis. Registration will take place after degree students of the appropriate class level have registered.
- Continuing & Professional Studies students pay full tuition for undergraduate degree courses. Registration and lab fees must be paid. Payment is due at the time of registration.
- There is no limit on the number of courses a Continuing Education student may take within the term, year, or career of the student.
- BFA degree courses count toward a degree if the student decides to seek a degree and is accepted to CCAD through the admissions process. Contact CCAD's Admissions Office at 614.222.3261 or by email for information.
- There is no limit on the number of undergraduate courses that will count toward the degree.
- Online registration is not available for undergraduate programs. Continuing & Professional Studies students interested in taking advantage of this opportunity should contact the Continuing & Professional Studies Office for additional information.
- Our Saturday Morning Art Classes program is extremely popular; students are encouraged to register as early as possible.
- Enrollment is processed in the order received on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Any registration received prior to the open registration date will be returned.
- Students requesting class placement with a friend of the same grade level should register online, mail or fax registration forms and payment together. While placement in the same class cannot be guaranteed, every effort to accommodate these requests will be made.
- Because of limited space and security considerations, students are not permitted to attend any class for which they are not registered.
- Class changes must be requested through the Continuing & Professional Studies office located in the Canzani Center and will be granted on a space-available basis.
- Confirmation letters, room assignments, parking information, and a campus map will be sent to all registered students prior to the first day of class.
- Please check the CE Calendar for important deadlines.
Additional Info & Policies
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Continuing and Professional Studies (CPS) students seeking CEUs may request a CEU transcript from the director of CPS once they have successfully completed the course. For information on the number of CEUs awarded for particular courses please contact the Continuing and Professional Studies office.
(A CEU is defined as 10 hours of participation in the Continuing and Professional Studies program at Columbus College of Art & Design; CEUs do not represent graduate or undergraduate credit).
State of Ohio Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program
If you are a high school junior or senior anticipating participation in the Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program, Option A, please contact your high school counselor and then email the Continuing & Professional Studies office.
New Undergraduate Students
Degree-seeking students must contact the Admissions Office at 614.222.3261 for information.
CCAD complies with all local, state, and federal laws concerning civil rights. Educational programs, admissions, housing, and employment practices are free of any discrimination based on race, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or age.
ADA Compliance Statement
If you have a documented disability, as described by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), it is recommended that you contact Learning Support Services for assistance in arranging appropriate accommodations with the instructor.
Learning Support Services Contact: email I 614.222.4004
Conceal/Carry Weapons Policy
Pursuant to the Ohio revised code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey or attempt to convey a deadly firearm or dangerous ordnance on to CCAD property. A valid license does not authorize the licensee to carry a weapon on to CCAD property.