Programs of Study
Minors & More
Completing the requirements of a major takes up most of the four years of a CCAD undergraduate education. But a little advance planning with an advisor can help students pursue a specific career interest (like art therapy or teaching) or add a useful skill set to their major (like a copywriting minor for a major in advertising and graphic design).
Minors are currently available in:
- Art History
- Art Therapy
- Creative Writing
- Design History
- Fashion Design
- Fine Arts
A dual major is a great way to complement similar fields of study, such as Illustration and Animation.
- Completing two degrees typically takes longer than the traditional four years of study, depending upon the selected majors.
- Degree requirements for both majors must be completed, however, many requirements overlap.
Visual Arts Teaching Licensure
Interested in teaching visual arts? You can enroll in a post-baccalaureate program that prepares you to earn a teaching license from the state of Ohio.
- Application, registration, payments and coursework are coordinated by Notre Dame College in Cleveland, OH.
- The accelerated, nondegree program includes online coursework options.
- Fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- Get more details from the Info Sheet (pdf)
Enrolled students interested in pursuing any of these programs should make an appointment with the Advising Office.