Working at CCAD
Employee Benefits & Info
In addition to regular pay, college-sponsored employee benefits plans are a very important part of the CCAD's total compensation package. They represent both a valuable asset to you and your family and a significant financial investment by CCAD in our employees.
Your benefits of employment with the college may include the following:
Health Insurance: UnitedHealthcare (UHC)
Visit UnitedHealthcare's website at www.myuhc.com for policy information and to locate physicians and hospitals. For secure access to personalized member services and information register at the site by choosing your own user name and password.
Employees can call the myuhc.com customer service number at 866.314.0335 and Care 24 Services at 888.887.4114.
Additional online resources provided by UHC:
- Health and Wellness Podcasts are available 24/7. Each podcast has 'chapters' – you can listen to the full presentation or to the sections most important to you. Go to http://go.uhc.com/podcasts/uhc. Check out the podcast series flier (pdf).
- Source4Women provides tools and resources, including free online seminars and events, focused on keeping UHC members and their families healthy. The monthly online seminars address important health topics and include audio and video, as well as time for questions with expert speakers. All seminars are recorded and available for viewing 24/7. Go to http://www.uhc.com/source4women.htm. Check out the Source4Women 2011 calendar (pdf).
Dental Insurance (MetLife)
Toll-free customer service: 800.275.4638
TIAA-CREF Retirement Plan
Create a log-in for secure online access to your retirement investments at http://tiaa-cref.org/
CCAD offers life insurance and longterm disability insurance. Contact the Human Resources Office for details.
CCAD employees may receive special banking benefits through programs offered by several institutions in Columbus. These benefits can range from free checking services to benefits specifically targeted to educators. Programs include:
- SMART Federal Credit Union (www.smartfedcu.com)
- Huntington Bank at Work (pdf)
- Chase at Work
- Education First Credit Union (www.educu.org)
Other Benefit Programs
You may also be eligible for these additional services:
- Prepaid Legal Services, Inc.: employees can participate in group rates for prepaid legal services and identity theft programs,
- Tuition Exchange Program: a reciprocal scholarship program for legally dependent children of full-time faculty and staff members working at least 37.5 hours per week,
- Liberty Mutual: employees may qualify for a special group discount on auto, home, and renters insurance through Group Savings Plus® from Liberty Mutual. For a free, no-obligation rate quote, contact Tim Wenzel at 800.483.3372 Ext. 232, or get a free rate quote online.
Visit CCAD's Human Resources Office for details on specific programs and information on how to apply. The college reserves the right to unilaterally modify or amend any plan or portion thereof, or to add, change, or eliminate any benefit at any time.
The handbooks are provided as Adobe PDF files for viewing online or downloading to your computer. Use the bookmarks to quickly jump to the desired section. It is the responsibility of all CCAD employees to know and understand the information provided.
- CCAD Staff Handbook (PDF)