You push yourself harder. You ask for more.
Here at CCAD, we know you come to us with talent that’s already remarkable. Our purpose is to foster your talent, expose you to new disciplines and give you the resources to grow. With that in mind, we’ve created an Honors program that’s academically rigorous, for students who carry a strong work ethic and drive themselves toward continual improvement.
The program is designed to push you further and give you opportunities to prove what you can do as a creative. By joining the Honors program, you’ll become part of a community of students and faculty who are dedicated to engaging deeply in academic and creative work at CCAD.
Interspersed with your traditional major requirements, your honors seminars and projects will broaden your CCAD education with unique topics like Zombies in Folklore and Contemporary Culture, and The Poetics of Failure. Our honors faculty are committed to personalizing your instruction with individualized semester learning plans that allow you to take risks, explore different methods and master your craft. You’ll complete the program during your senior year, with an individual capstone project that you design yourself.
How to apply:
Applications to the Honors program are currently on hold.
CORE Honors is a competitive program. To apply, submit an application and essay during your first or second year. Applications are accepted throughout the fall and spring semesters. Deadline is through the end of spring semester. Applications received during summer will be considered when the fall or spring semester begins. Please email completed application to email@example.com.
For current CCAD Honors students interested in proposing an honors special project or capstone, fill out this Honors Student application by the end of spring semester.
About the program:
- You can apply to the program as an incoming first-year student or as a continuing student after your first semester.
- As an honors student, you'll get priority registration for classes after your first semester at CCAD.
- You’ll also receive special recognition at commencement, as well as a notation on your transcript.
To graduate with honors, you’ll have to:
- complete five honors classes (a total of 15 credits), including three honors seminars (nine credits), an honors independent project (three credits) and an honors capstone (three credits)
- achieve a 3.5 GPA at the time of graduation
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.