Chroma | Around campus
Wed, May 08, 2019
Chroma happenings throughout campus all night long:
- Comics & Narrative Practice & Illustration: Who needs Comic-Con when you could experience Chroma-Con? Our Comics & Narrative Practice and Illustration students will sell their work, convention-style, on the 2nd Floor of Kinney Hall.
- Studio Art with an Emphasis in the History of Art & Visual Culture: Visit the Canzani Center Multipurpose Room to check out the exhibition our students curated from CAPA’s archives on occasion of its 50th anniversary.
- First-Year exhibitions: See what our first-year students have been up to in their Visual Literacy I and II classes in an exhibition on the 2nd Floor of Design Studios on Broad.
- Advertising & Graphic Design: Pay a visit to Crane Center, 3rd Floor, to check experience students’ interactive displays, exhibits, games, and more.
- Alumni relations: Swing by Packard Library for a screening of footage we’ve dug up over the decades from CCAD’s archive, plus a display of highlights from our recent exhibition 140 Years of Creative Excellence. Visit Ampersand Emporium for an interactive display on color theory from Summerfield Advertising.
- Master of Design in Integrative Design: Join CCAD’s MDes candidates looking at design opportunities and challenges for the future of campgrounds—the year 2050, to be exact—with Airstream.
- Master of Fine Arts: Find a range of work, including adult comic books, patterned fabrics, virtual reality worlds, and multimedia projects, created by our first-year MFA students.
- Eat & drink: Grab a drink from one of two bars on campus and nosh on offerings from such food trucks as Angry Weiner, Cheesy Truck, Empanadas and More, Ninja Bowl, and Little Pearl. Find Pat and Gracie’s in the Canyon Bar. Save room for desserts from Aramark, outside Kinney Hall.
- Make, take, create: The CCAD Student Chroma Committee planned several activities, including takeaway items from our FabLab in Kinney Hall, screen printing (sponsored by GSW with Hip Use), a mural wall (sponsored by E&J Gallo), button-making, and a photobooth from Awesomatic.