Family Weekend 2019
Fri, Oct 25, 2019 to Sat, Oct 26, 2019
Family Weekend 2019
Friday, October 25
- The CCAD Family Weekend Kickoff 6–8 p.m.
- Join us in kicking off Family Weekend 2019 with a reception at the Joseph V. Canzani Atrium. Meet faculty, staff, and administration, see what your student has been up to!
- Late night Movie 8 p.m.
- Join CCAD’s Student Programming Board for a movie night! Bring the entire family, grab some popcorn, and enjoy a free viewing of Coco with candy and popcorn in the Canzani Auditorium!
Saturday, October 26
- Market Brunch 9–11:30 a.m.
- Experience the brunch menu in CCAD’s Market Dining Hall while chatting with CORE first-year faculty and department heads from each major. Grab a cup of coffee and peruse Ampersand Emporium – your one stop for all things CCAD pride.
- Creating CCAD’s Future with President Melanie Corn 11:30 a.m.–noon
- Join CCAD President Dr. Melanie Corn and other college leaders for a sneak peek into what’s coming next for CCAD and learn how our alumni are shaping culture and commerce around the world.
- Family Fest noon–4 p.m.
- Bring your family, especially the siblings, to FAMILYfest! Have a blast on the quad with a zip line, master the obstacle course, or make some DIY crafts with CCAD’s own student organizations, including our Academic Collectives, Battle Games Association, Black Student Leadership Association, and Queer Alliance! There will even be a few special feathered guests visiting from Ohio Nature Education.
- Our Queer Family 4:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Join Queer Alliance in the Canzani Multipurpose Room for Our Queer Family. Whether sharing time with affirming families of origin or chosen families, all of campus is invited to join in this celebration of community. The featured speaker is Animation Program Coordinator Bekah Nunn (Animation, 2012), and refreshments will be served. RSVP here.
Sunday, October 27
- Market Brunch 9–11 a.m.
- Brunch with your students one last time before heading home!