WELCOME TO CCAD!
New student orientation will help you get on firm footing well before you begin your college career at CCAD. We are proud to welcome the next class of talented artists and designers to our community and we look forward to helping you prepare for your CCAD experience!
Orientation Session Dates for 2017:
Spring Semester Orientation - Friday, January 13
Each new student must attend one orientation session. While the August session will contain all the essentials, the schedule has been condensed. If your schedule allows, the June sessions are preferable and provide the most time to enjoy the orientation experience. The Transfer & Non-Traditional Orientation Session will have a specially designed schedule, though transfer students can register for any orientation session they choose. Students entering CCAD for the Spring Semester attend a one-day orientation before classes being in January. Family members are welcome to attend with their student at any session.
All accepted domestic students were mailed an orientation booklet in mid-April filled with important information and details about orientation and CCAD. The PDF version can be downloaded by clicking here.
The International orientation booklet will also be available for download soon.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ORIENTATION
During orientation, you will:
- Meet and mingle with your Orientation Leaders, current students who will lead you through orientation and share their insider knowledge about CCAD.
- Make friends before classes even start!
- Spend the night in our Schottenstein residence hall (required for all students attending June sessions only) and experience what it’s like to live on campus.
- Learn more about your major, meet with faculty, and have a classroom experience.
- Get this-is-for-real details about:
- CORE First Year curriculum
- Your major (faculty, facilities, and more)
- Student involvement
- Learning support
- Counseling and wellness
- Safety and security
- Residence life
- Financial aid
- Career services
- Tuition and fees
- Leave with your fall class schedule, CCAD ID, and free t-shirt.
Family members are offered housing on campus (separate from students) for $60. For those families looking to stay off-campus, click here for lodging options near CCAD.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Free meals include lunch and dinner on the first day and continental breakfast on the second day.
There will be local banks set up at the end of orientation to open new accounts if you wish.
If you have Admissions related questions, please contact the admissions office toll free at 877.997.CCAD (2223) or email@example.com.
If you have Residence Hall related questions, please contact Mickey Hart, Director of Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614.222.3294.
If you have Orientation related questions, please contact Heather Bray, Director of Student Involvement and Orientation at email@example.com or 614.222.6191.