COVID-19 Information for Continuing & Professional Studies
Due to rising COVID-19 cases, Continuing & Professional Studies classes for fall 2020 have been canceled.
We hope to welcome students back to campus in the spring. When we do, anyone who is not feeling well or is exhibiting flu-like or other symptoms must stay home. The college cannot make refunds to people who cannot attend a class due to illness. Additionally, all students and staff must wear a cloth face covering or mask.
Our response to COVID-19:
- All instructors and students will be required to wear face coverings.
- Classrooms will be disinfected between sessions.
- Hand sanitizer will be present at classrooms for use as students enter and leave.
- Handwashing breaks will occur halfway through each class.
- Separate art materials will be given to each student.
- Class sizes will be capped at 10 students per classroom.
For youth classes only:
- Instructors will meet students in the main lobby of the building where classes are held and promptly escort them to their classroom.
- Class start times will be staggered by 15 minutes to assure students can maintain social distancing while entering and exiting the youth program classroom spaces.
If CCAD chooses to cancel Continuing & Professional Studies classes due to COVID-19 prior to the beginning of a class, refunds will be issued. If a class is canceled due to COVID-19 once classes are already underway, students will be provided with a voucher for future registration in an amount equal to the value of the class period(s) canceled.
If we need to cancel a class period due to weather, we will notify students via email and the class will be rescheduled at a later date.