We know they’re winners — and the ADDYs know it, too
The best professional and student work in central Ohio was recognized at the awards, hosted by the American Advertising Federation Columbus. Local ADDY trophy winners will compete regionally at the district level against entries from Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia; the very best will face off in the national American Advertising Awards.
“The Advertising and Design department is extremely proud of our students who have won either a Silver or Gold at the Addys tonight. We look forward to the regional and national competitions where we have high expectations,” said Joshua Bodman, Chair and Associate Professor of Advertising & Graphic Design.
“In the last few years, CCAD has produced many national winners,” he said. “We are ecstatic from the students and alumni accolades. It is an amazing reflection of our program and CCAD.”
Julia Andres (Ad/Graph, 2017), the Student Best of Show award for her Super Eight Brand Identity Campaign in the category of Cross Platform Integrated Campaign.
In addition to the student awards, Ologie (led by onetime CCAD student Bev Ryan) received several awards for its work on CCAD’s 2016 Senior Fashion Show, including Gold awards for Sales & Marketing, Collateral Material, Brochure; and Cross Platforms, Integrated Campaign.
Ologie’s work on the Fashion Show was also recognized with a Silver in the Judges’ Choice award for Brochure, Integrated Branded Content Campaign, and Online Film, Video, & Sound; and Film, Video, & Sound, Branded Content & Entertainment
In addition to Andres’ recognition for Cross Platform Integrated Campaign, CCAD’s Gold winners (who will automatically go on to the district competition) are:
Sierra Clark (Ad/Graph, 2017), for Grey Goose (Sales & Marketing; Sales Promotion, Packaging) and Joe Van Hove (Ad/Graph, 2017), for Black Ivory (Sales & Marketing; Sales Promotion, Packaging)
Gold award winners also included Shane Cornell (Ad/Graph, 2017), for Metro Parks — Moss Art (Out-of-Home & Ambient Media; Guerilla Marketing, Installations, and Events) and Lucas Himes (Ad/Graph, 2017), for Clif Bar (Sales & Marketing; Sales Promotion, Packaging).
CCAD’s Silver winners (who are also eligible for district competition) are:
- Callie Whiteman (Ad/Graph, 2016), for A Plant’s Eye View (Elements of Advertising; Digital Creative Technology)
- Julia Andres (Ad/Graph, 2017), for Super Eight Brand Identity Campaign (Collateral Material, Stationery Package)
- Lucas Himes (Ad/Graph, 2017), for Clif Bar (Elements of Advertising; Illustration)
- Sierra Clark (Ad/Graph, 2017), for Grey Goose (Elements of Advertising; Art Direction), (Elements of Advertising; Still Photography), and (Elements of Advertising; Magazine Advertising)
- Morgan Bentley (Ad/Graph, 2018), for Anthropologie: Tis the Season (Elements of Advertising; Art Direction)
- Katria Judkins (Ad/Graph, 2018), for The Black Book (Collateral Material; Publication Design)
- Marissa Mullen (Ad/Graph, 2018), for National Eating Disorders (Print Advertising; Magazine Advertising)
- Shelby Logan (Ad/Graph, 2018), for Michaels Holiday Craft Guide (Elements of Advertising; Still Photography)
ADDY judges for the central Ohio competition were: Brad Harvey, Creative Director, The People Party, Atlanta; Dave Kamikow, Senior VP/Creative Director Leo Burnett Worldwide, Chicago; and Kristen Lauer, Event & Field Marketing Coordinator, Hydro Flask, Bend, Ore.