12 bachelor's degrees and 2 master's degrees cover a broad range of subjects and practice areas.
CCAD at a glance
CCAD teaches undergraduate and graduate students in the midst of a thriving artistic community in Columbus, Ohio.
Founded in 1879, CCAD is one of the oldest private, nonprofit art and design colleges in the United States. CCAD offers 11 BFA programs, a Master of Fine Arts, and a Master of Professional Studies in Retail Design that produce graduates equipped to shape culture and business at the highest level.
By the numbers
Areas of study
What makes us "us"
What we do
CCAD fosters a diverse community that educates students so they can unleash their creative power to shape culture and commerce.
Who we strive to be
CCAD aspires to be a nationally recognized leader in art and design education. The work of the college and our alumni will amplify the necessity and importance of creative practices to our collective sense of cultural vibrancy and connectedness, to our economies and communities, and to social justice causes and civic engagement.
CCAD believes diversity is necessary for art to evolve. Here's a few numbers to put our diverse community of students and faculty in perspective:
Caucasian students: 64%
Minority students: 30%
Female students: 68%
Male students: 32%
Domestic students: 92% (from 37 states)
International students: 7% (from 22 countries)
Figures based on 2016 enrollment
Average student-to-faculty ratio
9:1 student-faculty ratio
- 88.2% of graduates have jobs or educational plans a year after graduation
- 75% of master’s graduates are employed or are pursuing further education within six months of graduation
- 100% of those employed are working in a field that is related to their career goals within six months of graduation
*Data based on 2016 Outcomes Survey for Class of 2016
- 77 total undergraduate alumni respondents from the Class of 2016 (graduating cohort n= 216)
- 4 total graduate alumni respondents from Class of 2016 (graduating cohort n = 13)
Enrollment figures (student right-to-know information)
First-to-second-year retention: 77% (based on Fall 2016 cohort of first-time, full-time students)
Graduation rate (per 2016 IPEDS):
- Four-year: 52%
- Six-year: 61%
Room & board
Explore on- and off-campus housing options. Whether you're from the Columbus area or outside locations (including international), all are welcome!
Room rates for first-year students
Schottenstein Residence Hall:
- Shared double room (plus required meal plan): $9,570 per year; $4,785 per semester
Design Square Apartments:
- Four-bedroom (plus required meal plan): $11,700 per year; $5,850 per semester
Room rates for returning students
Design Square Apartments:
- Two-bedroom: $8,740 per year; $4,370 per semester
- Four-bedroom: $8,100 per year; $4,050 per semester
- Gold Plan (250 meals and $100 flex): $3,200 per year; $1,800 per semester. Required for all incoming students.
- Silver Plan (175 meals and $125 flex): $2,400 per year; $1,410 per semester
- Bronze Plan (125 meals and $150 flex): $1,920 per year; $1,080 per semester
For more information, visit our Tuition & Fees page.
- Studio Art Centers International, Florence, Italy
- University of Arts London, London
- University of Arts London, London College of Fashion, London
- China Academy of Art, Hangzhou, China
- Universidad Mayor, Santiago, Chile
- Xi’an Fine Arts Academy, Xi’an, China
- Northumbria, Newcastle, England
Columbus College of Art & Design
60 Cleveland Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215