- About US
- Graduate Degrees
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Special programs
- Minors & Concentrations
- CORE Studies
- Life at CCAD
CCAD At A Glance
CCAD teaches undergraduate and graduate students in the midst of a thriving artistic community in Columbus, Ohio.
Founded in 1879, CCAD is one of the oldest private art and design colleges in the United States, offering 12 undergraduate majors and two graduate programs in art and design that produce graduates equipped to shape culture and business at the highest level.
CCAD is committed to diversity and has been educating elite talent for more than 135 years. It's a place for people who think differently, care about the larger world, and strive for greater understanding of the human community.
Areas of Study
12 Bachelor's degrees and 2 Master's degrees cover a broad range of subjects and practice areas.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Advertising Design & Graphic Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Comics & Narrative Practice
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Contemporary Crafts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film & Video
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fine Arts with emphasis in Drawing, Glassblowing, Painting, Printmaking and Sculpture
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Industrial Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art with an emphasis in History of Art and Visual Culture
- Masters of Fine Arts in Visual Arts
- Masters of Design in Integrative Design
What Makes Us "Us"
What motivates us (motto)
Think. Do. Thrive.
What we do (mission)
CCAD fosters a community that educates diverse students so they can unleash their creative power to shape culture and commerce.
Who we strive to be (vision)
CCAD will be recognized as a top-tier college of art and design, a cultural leader, and the engine of Columbus’ creative economy. CCAD will have a global reputation for delivering an innovative and relevant creative educational experience of value to its students, alumni, and society.
CCAD believes diversity is necessary for art to evolve. Here's a few numbers to put our diverse community of students and faculty in perspective:
Caucasian students: 64%
Minority students: 25%
Female students: 68%
Male students: 32%
Domestic students: 92% (from 38 states)
International students: 7% (from 26 countries)
Figures based on 2016 enrollment
Average student-faculty ratio
9:1 student-faculty ratio
- 71.4% of BFA graduates are employed or are pursuing further education within six months of graduation
95.3% of BFA graduates employed are working in a field that is related to their career goals within six months of graduation
- 75% of master’s graduates are employed or are pursuing further education within six months of graduation
- 100% of those employed are working in a field that is related to their career goals within six months of graduation
*Data based on 2016 Outcomes Survey for Class of 2016
- 77 total undergraduate alumni respondents from the Class of 2016 (graduating cohort n= 216)
- 4 total graduate alumni respondents from Class of 2016 (graduating cohort n = 13)
The full report is available here
Enrollment Figures (Student Right to Know information)
First-to-second-year retention: 77% (based on Fall 2016 cohort of first-time, full-time students)
Graduation Rate (per 2016 IPEDS):
- Four-year: 52%
- Six-year: 61%
Room & Board
Explore on- and off-campus housing options. Whether you're from the Columbus area or outside locations (including international), all are welcome!
Room rates for first-year students
Schottenstein Residence Hall:
- Shared double room (plus required meal plan): $9,370 per year; $4,685 per semester
Design Square Apartments:
- Four-bedroom (plus required meal plan): $11,410 per year; $5,705 per semester
Room rates for returning students
Design Square Apartments:
- Two-bedroom: $8,550 per year; $4,275 per semester
- Four-bedroom: $7,910 per year; $3,955 per semester
- Gold Plan (250 meals and $100 flex): $3,200 per year; $1,750 per semester. Required for all incoming students.
- Silver Plan (175 meals and $125 flex): $2,400 per year; $1,370 per semester
- Bronze Plan (125 meals and $150 flex): $1,920 per year; $1050 per semester
For more information, visit our Tuition & Fees page.