12 Bachelor's degrees and 2 master's degrees cover a broad range of subjects and practice areas.
CCAD at a glance
CCAD teaches undergraduate and graduate students in the midst of a thriving artistic community in Columbus, Ohio.
Founded in 1879, CCAD is one of the oldest private, nonprofit art and design colleges in the United States and, in 2019, the college is celebrating 140 years of creative excellence.
CCAD offers 12 BFA programs and two master’s programs in art and design that produce graduates equipped to shape culture and business at the highest level.
By the numbers
CCAD is the No 1 illustration program in the Midwest.
CCAD is in the top 5% of illustration programs nationally.
CCAD is in the top 15% of design programs nationally.
Columbus is the No 1 city for gamers in the midwest.
Columbus is the No 4 best city to start a business.
Columbus is the No 10 best big city to live.
Areas of study
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Advertising Design & Graphic Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Comics & Narrative Practice
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Contemporary Crafts
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Film & Video
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fine Arts with emphasis in Drawing, Glassblowing, Painting, Printmaking and Sculpture
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Industrial Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art with an emphasis in History of Art and Visual Culture
Masters of Fine Arts in Visual Arts
Masters of Design in Integrative Design
What makes us "us"
What motivates us
What we do
CCAD fosters a community that educates diverse students so they can unleash their creative power to shape culture and commerce.
Who we strive to be
CCAD will be recognized as a top-tier college of art and design, a cultural leader, and the engine of Columbus’ creative economy. CCAD will have a global reputation for delivering an innovative and relevant creative educational experience of value to its students, alumni, and society.
CCAD believes diversity is necessary for art to evolve. Here's a few numbers to put our diverse community of students and faculty in perspective:
Caucasian students: 64%
Minority students: 30%
Female students: 68%
Male students: 32%
Domestic students: 92% (from 37 states)
International students: 7% (from 22 countries)
Figures based on 2016 enrollment
Average student-to-faculty ratio
9:1 student-faculty ratio
- 88.2% of graduates have jobs or educational plans a year after graduation
- 75% of master’s graduates are employed or are pursuing further education within six months of graduation
- 100% of those employed are working in a field that is related to their career goals within six months of graduation
*Data based on 2016 Outcomes Survey for Class of 2016
- 77 total undergraduate alumni respondents from the Class of 2016 (graduating cohort n= 216)
- 4 total graduate alumni respondents from Class of 2016 (graduating cohort n = 13)
Enrollment figures (student right-to-know information)
First-to-second-year retention: 77% (based on Fall 2016 cohort of first-time, full-time students)
Graduation rate (per 2016 IPEDS):
- Four-year: 52%
- Six-year: 61%
Room & board
Explore on- and off-campus housing options. Whether you're from the Columbus area or outside locations (including international), all are welcome!
Room rates for first-year students
Schottenstein Residence Hall:
- Shared double room (plus required meal plan): $9,570 per year; $4,785 per semester
Design Square Apartments:
- Four-bedroom (plus required meal plan): $11,700 per year; $5,850 per semester
Room rates for returning students
Design Square Apartments:
- Two-bedroom: $8,740 per year; $4,370 per semester
- Four-bedroom: $8,100 per year; $4,050 per semester
- Gold Plan (250 meals and $100 flex): $3,200 per year; $1,800 per semester. Required for all incoming students.
- Silver Plan (175 meals and $125 flex): $2,400 per year; $1,410 per semester
- Bronze Plan (125 meals and $150 flex): $1,920 per year; $1,080 per semester
For more information, visit our Tuition & Fees page.
- Studio Art Centers International, Florence, Italy
- University of Arts London, London
- University of Arts London, London College of Fashion, London
- China Academy of Art, Hangzhou, China
- Universidad Mayor, Santiago, Chile
- Xi’an Fine Arts Academy, Xi’an, China
- Northumbria, Newcastle, England
Columbus College of Art & Design
60 Cleveland Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215