Retail is changing. Get ready to move into the future and define your path with Columbus College of Art & Design’s Master of Professional Studies in Retail Design. With CCAD's MPS program, you’ll experience a cutting-edge approach to learning with a rich mix of theory and practice in a curriculum developed and taught by retail experts. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of how customers engage with brands and make purchase decisions—from e-commerce to brick and mortar, and everything in between.
Priority Application Deadline is March. 1.
Retail is detail
What sets our program apart? A channel-agnostic approach to retail that only an art and design school can offer, balancing business acumen with innovation, inclusivity, and creativity to meet the challenges of tomorrow. You'll gain a mastery of the retail landscape and industry connections that will put your career on the fast track.
A program that works for you
We get it. Your day job is demanding. Our MPS program is designed to fit your life with options to enroll full- or part-time and synchronously online.
Classes are conveniently scheduled on evenings and weekends. You'll be able to earn your degree in 1 year full time or 2 years part time, including summers. No matter where you are, you'll get to meet and bond with your cohort during three in-person meetups in Columbus across the program.
- Yes. Classes are offered in the evenings and on weekends. Students may opt to pursue an MPS degree as a full or part-time student.
- Students may elect to enroll in the program synchronously online and remain in their current location while taking classes.
- Low residency refers to a program that meets in compressed bursts in person, with longer stretches of individually mentored work. CCAD does not offer a low residency.
- Students may begin the program as full-time students and opt to scale back to part-time. Students cannot begin part-time and move to full-time.
To ensure that the curriculum is highly relevant and current in this specialized industry, CCAD employs practicing professionals in the retail design field to teach the courses in this program.
- Full-time students enroll in 12 credits (4 classes) in fall semester, 12 credits (4 classes) in spring semester, and 6 credits (two classes) in summer semester. Part-time students enroll in 6 credits (2 classes) in fall semester, 6 credits (2 classes) in spring semester, and 3 credits (1 class) in summer. Classes meet on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday evening, and on Saturday morning.
Home to retail
Columbus knows retail. As home to some of the country’s top retailers— Bath & Body Works, Big Lots, and Hollister, to name just a few—you’ll have access to top talent, mentors, and loads of opportunities. Plus, you’ll work directly with one of those retail partners to define and conduct an immersive capstone project.
Get a taste of the program
Join us for our CCAD Knows Retail webinar series on key issues in retail led by experts who are shaping this program. Learn about our Fall 2021 webinars and register to attend.
Not ready to commit to a full degree program or looking to fill a specific skill gap? You can request to enroll in a select set of courses from the MPS. If, later on, you choose to apply to and are accepted to the program, these will count towards your graduation requirements. Email [email protected] for more information.