Get out there.
As a creative individual, you and your vision are shaped by your exposure to different cultures, perspectives, and surroundings. At CCAD, we understand that. We believe that your education shouldn’t just be restricted to our classrooms in Columbus.
CCAD offers the chance to study off-campus — both at other universities in the U.S. and overseas, with opportunities that range from weeklong trips to a full semester. Whether it’s fashion design in London, fresco painting in Florence, or shoe design in Chile, you can find a program and place that speaks to you. Art and design shape society differently in every part of the globe. Go see for yourself.
Benefits to studying off campus
- International experience on a resume or transcript tells employers that you have great initiative, independence and a global perspective.
- Immersing yourself in a new culture and landscape is the best way to learn or practice a foreign language.
- Being in a new environment can be challenging, but it’s an excellent opportunity to get to know yourself. You’ll find out what you’re capable of and discover how far you can push yourself.
CCAD offers a variety of opportunities both internationally and domestically for students, from short term to semester-long experiences. Plus, CCAD belongs to the Association of Independent Colleges of Art & Design (AICAD), which gives our students the opportunity to study for one semester at any of more than 30 art and design institutions throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Current programs include:
- Studio Art College International (SACI), Florence, Italy
- University of the Arts London (UAL), London, England
- UAL: London College of Fashion, London, England
- AICAD Mobility Program
How much does it cost?
The cost of studying off campus varies depending on the program, how long it lasts, where you’ll be studying, and what services are provided in the program’s cost. If you’re approved to study off campus in the fall or spring, you may have access to your federal financial aid. Please visit the Financial Aid Office to see if there are other forms of aid, scholarships, and grants available for your program.